Sign in to follow this  
Creek chub

Reenan

I watched one of his matches that flo posted against a Blair guy. Reenan tech'd him. His nuetral game is fierce! Technically solid, good motor and aggressive. Would love to see him at VT but not sure we have a spot for him unless he wants to go 165.

I watched one of his matches that flo posted against a Blair guy. Reenan tech'd him. His nuetral game is fierce! Technically solid, good motor and aggressive. Would love to see him at VT but not sure we have a spot for him unless he wants to go 165.

Would be sweet to see him at 165 at VT. 

McFadden at 157, Reenan at 165, Epperly at 174, ZZ at 184, Haught at 197

Talk about having training partners that will push you.....damn.  

Guest Kingsland

Would be sweet to see him at 165 at VT.

McFadden at 157, Reenan at 165, Epperly at 174, ZZ at 184, Haught at 197

Talk about having training partners that will push you.....damn.

Do you think McFadden could cut to 157? He's young for his grade and i would think he'd still be growing.

Do you think McFadden could cut to 157? He's young for his grade and i would think he'd still be growing.

He wrestled 160 in high school.  I don't think he struggled to make weight at 165 and he looked undersized at times against "bigger" upper body wrestlers.  I think that move is being talked about and if so, would make McFadden a contender next year.  

OSU just like on Flo podcast :

157: Isaiah White

165: Nick Reenan

174: Bo Jordan

184: Myles Martin

From a lineup standpoint... You'll be hard pressed to find a better situation then that. Unfortunately Reenan's decision will not be based solely on ego has the best lineup. Fortunately for OSU, there are several more reasons that would attract Reenan to pick them... Fingers crossed.

So he committed to Pariano and rescinds that commitment when Storniolo, the team favorite, is named as head coach. Maybe Drew wasn't as bad as the parents of NU's consecutive 174 pounders would have one believe. No bag on Storni at all, but Drew Pariano was great for NU. This is a big loss for the 'Cats.

If this kid previously committed to Northwestern, I think UNC or UVA are more likely than NC State or VT. Duke with an outside shot. Doubt Pitt is in the running. 

Michigan and Stanford seem like similar options. 

Cornell fans like him already.  And Ithaca weather, as bad as it is, is still an upgrade from Chicago.

If Reenan walks around at 170 and can easily go 165, does his style make him just as dominant at that weight class vs 10 pounds heavier?

Im curious considering he seemingly is not cutting weight at all and going against a little stronger, but mostly a little slower opponent a weight class up... A he as dominant at 165?

With Anthony Valencia and Mark Hall looking to provide some future epic battles and the future at 165, I'm curious to those more familiar with Reenan than I if you feel/believe Reenan would be in the same elite, upper echelon talents as Valencia and Hall (if he does in fact end up at 165 in college)?

TIA

Edited by Aviator12

Your asking your question to me as if I asked if Reenan will have a similar 4 year career at 165 in college, same as Valencia or Hall, which I did not. The future of 165 referenced doesn't mean their careers... Could mean 1 year, 2, or so on.

I asked IF Reenan were to go 165, is he on a Valencia/Hall level. I'm confused how you are so taken back by my assertion of their futures at 165, and personally feel/assume they will be 174.

Your logic is base on your personal feeling and educated guess, mine simply on seeing both Valencia and Hall compete in the finals today both weighing in at 163 pounds.

Your asking your question to me as if I asked if Reenan will have a similar 4 year career at 165 in college, same as Valencia or Hall, which I did not. The future of 165 referenced doesn't mean their careers... Could mean 1 year, 2, or so on.

I asked IF Reenan were to go 165, is he on a Valencia/Hall level. I'm confused how you are so taken back by my assertion of their futures at 165, and personally feel/assume they will be 174.

Your logic is base on your personal feeling and educated guess, mine simply on seeing both Valencia and Hall compete in the finals today both weighing in at 163 pounds.

My "logic" comes from asking one of them in person myself and observing the other say in an interview that the hardest thing about this summer will be making weight at 163. That's with day before weigh-ins.

Then that would make my logic pretty much suck, and yours not. My bad. Can't get a better source than the wrestler's mouth .

To be specific, nobody said 165 was out of the question. Ultimately, it's a coaching decision. But 165 will certainly not be an easy cut for Hall (who acknowledged it would be rough to make for OTT; note he was mid to high 180s recently and had a 4 lb allowance today), and I'm not sure Valencia cherishes the idea of staying that low for an entire season of 1-hr weekly weigh-ins.

I called this a while ago. And why the hell are people talking about him at 165? He started the season at 182 and then went up to 195 by the end. Why are we speculating that he is going to drop to a weight class 30lbs lower than where he wrestled his senior season in high school?

I called this a while ago. And why the hell are people talking about him at 165? He started the season at 182 and then went up to 195 by the end. Why are we speculating that he is going to drop to a weight class 30lbs lower than where he wrestled his senior season in high school?