Sign in to follow this  
Creek chub

Reenan

Maybe because he walks around at 170 without cutting? He wrestled up 20 pounds to beat a top kid in the country at that weight. Reenan can easily and may very well be a 165 in college. But other than all that, nice call.

Maybe because he walks around at 170 without cutting? He wrestled up 20 pounds to beat a top kid in the country at that weight. Reenan can easily and may very well be a 165 in college. But other than all that, nice call.

NU has too much turmoil at the moment. Nothing against the program but it's in disarray. For a blue chipper to still believe in it when he has countless other opportunities on the table just seemed unlikely. I feel bad for NU as they still have a good program. I just hope Reenan finds a program where he fits in well. 

Can Nolf hold 157 for much longer? He looks like he's still likely to grow and is cutting a fair amount already.

He's lanky as hell right now. When his body fills out, he'll definitely go up. Whether that is next season or the following remains to be seen but I doubt he's a 157lber his whole career. 

Edited by PSUMike

Does Tsirtsis stick around?  He had a tough season and lots of emotional stress with his family situation.

Great question.  Nobody would think any less of him if he decided not to come back.  He's had a very difficult year.  My thought process is that he wrestled pretty well (not up to his standards, but pretty well) this year WHILE still coping.  I think he comes back after he has some time away this off season.

I know who can't hold 157 any longer.

Imar.

I call BS on that. Reports from credible sources such as the TRow and Funky podcast had him light this year, weighing in the 150s after practice, to the point that he contemplated making he cut to 143 for the OTT this summer. I don't think he could've dropped that much weight without nearly killing himself but I think he can make 157 again without a problem. The real question is whether he wants to or whether he will move up to better prepare himself for 163 in freestyle now that he has only two years of college remaining and should start being more active in freestyle if he wants to make a career out of the sport. Edited by wrestlingnerd

Imar said in recent interview hes thinking about going up next year hes gonna give his body a rest and compete at Universities

With Ringer gone and Bojo likely moving up, I could definitely see that. It makes a lot of sense for freestyle. But if he moves up, I highly doubt it's because he can't make 157 anymore.

^^

Any feedback about his thoughts of b'burg?

It went well from all indications.  A few folks were out of town this weekend and we have a few wrestlers near his weight class that are either injured or out of town...so not a lot to wrestle against at SERTC over the weekend.  He did get some 1-on-1 time with KD. 

I have a gut feeling that he will be in Raleigh but who knows what goes through the heads of teenagers these days.

It went well from all indications.  A few folks were out of town this weekend and we have a few wrestlers near his weight class that are either injured or out of town...so not a lot to wrestle against at SERTC over the weekend.  He did get some 1-on-1 time with KD. 

I have a gut feeling that he will be in Raleigh but who knows what goes through the heads of teenagers these days.

It could have been a worse visit... He could have visited during the winter months.. the hokie stone buildings offer a very depressing atmosphere during the cold winter months.... Excellent dining hall options tho

Edited by SC_Wrestling

Perfect scenario for him. Come to Mizzou. (okay, maybe its the perfect scenario for me, lol)

Redshirt in 2016-17 and then he'd be able to be a part of this lineup in two years

125- Barlow McGhee (SR)

133- Jaydin Eierman (SO)
141- Will Roark (SO)
149- Grant Leeth (JR)

157- Alex Butler (SO)

165- Daniel Lewis (JR)

174- Reenan (FR)

184- Dylan Wisman (SO)

197- Willie Miklus (SR)

285- Hopefully this will be ironed out. 

Plus, Olympic team member J'Den Cox will probably stay in Columbia to work with his mentor, Mike Eierman. 

Acoording to Corey Haddad and Bob Pruesse on Ohiowrestling.net, Ohio State is longer in the running for Reenan. Interesting enough, U of Penn was mentioned. Also, said that a Spencer Lee decision could come at any time. Called the Bucks a long shot for that as well.