Creek chub

Transfers??

wonder if rasheed will make a move. Obviously 165 is a struggle and Mark Hall is also coming in. Does he go 184? does he transfer to get individual success? or Does he stay receive a great education and claim some more team titles?

wonder if rasheed will make a move. Obviously 165 is a struggle and Mark Hall is also coming in. Does he go 184? does he transfer to get individual success? or Does he stay receive a great education and claim some more team titles?

come on.  Wrestlers like team titles but it's not what drives them.  Bluntly put...he'd be smart to transfer.  

Rasheed is so good. He wold AA at 165 or 174. He may get the 165 spot next season if Hall redshirts.

Honestly I think he may be the starter at 184 for PSU next season. That is really only 1 weight class jump based on what Cael said when electing to not put Rasheed in.

Rasheed is good but has a small gas tank. I watched him against McFadden. Rasheed controlled the match til the 3rd period and led by a few points. McFadden out worked him, tied the match and beat him in OT. Heard others say too his tank is suspect but could be from cutting too much.

Rasheed is so good. He wold AA at 165 or 174. He may get the 165 spot next season if Hall redshirts.

Honestly I think he may be the starter at 184 for PSU next season. That is really only 1 weight class jump based on what Cael said when electing to not put Rasheed in.

Are you watching the same Rasheed as the rest of us? Carl has already indicated that his 165 days are in the past. So it doesn't matter if Hall takes a RS.

You suggest he would AA at either 165/174, but he failed to place at the Scuffle.

Guest Kingsland

There's rumors on the Okie state board of a big potential AA heavyweight transfer coming in. The only guy I think of that fits the bill is Tavanello. Also maybe Wessell from Lehigh, but I'm unsure if he has a year of eligibility left or not.

There's rumors on the Okie state board of a big potential AA heavyweight transfer coming in. The only guy I think of that fits the bill is Tavanello. Also maybe Wessell from Lehigh, but I'm unsure if he has a year of eligibility left or not.

According to the Lehigh stats site, Wessell had westled his first redshirt year in 2011; He then also took an Olympic Redshirt year (Judo) in 2012.  His 5 year clock is expired.

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/lehigh/view_wrestlers.php?wrestler=814

Edited by redblades

Guest Kingsland

According to the Lehigh stats site, Wessell had westled his first redshirt year in 2011; He then also took an Olympic Redshirt year (Judo) in 2012. His 5 year clock is expired.

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/lehigh/view_wrestlers.php?wrestler=814

I didn't think Olympic red shirts counted against the clock? I thought Andrew Howe took a redshirt and an Olympic redshirt, but looking into it now he took a medical redshirt and an Olympic redshirt, so the rules might be different. Collin Jensen from Nebraska is another guy with a year of eligibility that could possibly transfer.

Tavanello has one year to go.  I doubt he leaves (and would he be granted a release?  Hard to say although Ryan has done it before).  Snyder will probably continue as he's been going which means Tav would wrestle plenty of matches.  

Why would he stay and not have a shot at NCAA's?

(and would he be granted a release?  Hard to say although Ryan has done it before) 

Fairly certain that Ryan has said in the past that he would never block a release for a wrestler regardless of the circumstances. 

I didn't think Olympic red shirts counted against the clock? I thought Andrew Howe took a redshirt and an Olympic redshirt, but looking into it now he took a medical redshirt and an Olympic redshirt, so the rules might be different. Collin Jensen from Nebraska is another guy with a year of eligibility that could possibly transfer.

Right, but including the Olympic year it's been 6 years total since Wessell started competing in the 2010-2011 season, so I'm already assuming he gets the clock stopped for the 2012 season.  And 'm pretty sure he was enrolled at Lehigh during the 2011 season since the Lehigh roster also lists that year as "deferred eligibility" which is the Lehigh equivalent of a redshirt.

more info here: http://www.lehighsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10829&path=wrestling

Edited by redblades

Dhesi would be my guess

Wessell missed all of the 2014-15 season due to injury. 

He also missed most of the 2013-14 season due to an injury incurred in an early November dual against Stolfi from Bucknell, but came back late in the season to compete in EIWA & NCAA.  Interesting note... the INJ DEFAULT resulted in Bucknell winning the dual.  They were down 6 going into the bout.  Got six for the INJ DEF to tie the match & won on criteria -- most 6-point victories.

Guest Kingsland

Except Tav isn't an All American

As a wrestler that's made the round of 12, I think calling him a potential aa is fair.