Creek chub

Transfers??

Who is Mizzou going to get at 285?

They apparantly have 3 coming in. An improvement at this weight class would make Mizzou very formidable next season.

8 NCAA Qualifiers return, 4 AA's, and Cox will be a favorite to be a 3 timer. McGhee was R12, Manley was a #5 Seed that was injured, and Eirman comes off a RS at 133.

This Team will defintely be in the mix for a Top 4 finish.

The more I think about it, I think Tavanello will be wanted and recruited to stay on for his 5th, redshirt senior season...vs persuading him to look elsewhere via grad transfer route to open up $etc.

Unless the Bucks land Nick Reenan here late in the process, their recruiting class is pretty much sewn up for this recruiting cycle.

Tav's $ won't significantly open up any opportunities in recruiting until next offseason, and that's when he graduates anyways.

The only down fall is Tav won't be able to compete at the Big Ten's or Nationals.. A pretty big one I know. But if Tav is content on finishing up as a Buck, enrolling in grad school at OSU etc,etc... He will still be a very valuable member of the team, and will see plenty of mat time...up to 20+ matches even possibly.

I see Snyder going a similar route next season, competing at all the international and abroad major free style events, and cherry pick the duals he competes in, up until it's time to compete at the Big Ten's and Nationals. Tavanello in essence could be considered OSU's HWY starter for the most part of next season.

Looking towards the future, Snyder pulling his Olympic shirt works perfectly now in landing and making sense decision/lineup wise for Elyria Ohio top HWY prospect Kevin Vough, part of the '17 class.

He can now step right into the lineup at HWY the year after Snyder graduates, where as before when Snyder was taking an extra year and redshirt, Vough was potentially facing having to sit his redshirt freshman season.

Edited by Aviator12

The more I think about it, I think Tavanello will be wanted and recruited to stay on for his 5th, redshirt senior season...vs persuading him to look elsewhere via grad transfer route to open up $etc.

Unless the Bucks land Nick Reenan here late in the process, their recruiting class is pretty much sewn up for this recruiting cycle.

Tav's $ won't significantly open up any opportunities in recruiting until next offseason, and that's when he graduates anyways.

The only down fall is Tav won't be able to compete at the Big Ten's or Nationals.. A pretty big one I know. But if Tav is content on finishing up as a Buck, enrolling in grad school at OSU etc,etc... He will still be a very valuable member of the team, and will see plenty of mat time...up to 20+ matches even possibly.

I see Snyder going a similar route next season, competing at all the international and abroad major free style events, and cherry pick the duals he competes in, up until it's time to compete at the Big Ten's and Nationals. Tavanello in essence could be considered OSU's HWY starter for the most part of next season.

Looking towards the future, Snyder pulling his Olympic shirt works perfectly now in landing and making sense decision/lineup wise for Elyria Ohio top HWY prospect Kevin Vough, part of the '17 class.

He can now step right into the lineup at HWY the year after Snyder graduates, where as before when Snyder was taking an extra year and redshirt, Vough was potentially facing having to sit his redshirt freshman season.

When did Kevin Vough commit to Ohio State? 

Are you watching the same Rasheed as the rest of us? Carl has already indicated that his 165 days are in the past. So it doesn't matter if Hall takes a RS.

You suggest he would AA at either 165/174, but he failed to place at the Scuffle.

Yup. He has improved.

If you were being serious when asking, Vough has not. He's heavily expected to although by all accounts available to me. Anything can obviously happen though of course.

I hope so...I keep hearing he is more leaning towards a military academy or an academic powerhouse.  I think I heard this in Yappi, so its not real strong as a source. I hope you are correct in this matter. 

They apparantly have 3 coming in. An improvement at this weight class would make Mizzou very formidable next season.

8 NCAA Qualifiers return, 4 AA's, and Cox will be a favorite to be a 3 timer. McGhee was R12, Manley was a #5 Seed that was injured, and Eirman comes off a RS at 133.

This Team will defintely be in the mix for a Top 4 finish.

Can you say who the three incoming HWT's are expected to be?  Anyone expected to be competitive at NCAA's? 

And yes, Mizzou should have a very strong team next year.  Love it!

Campbell would be awesome for tOSU...btw has anyone heard where Kameron Teacher is headed?? He is a bonafide stud who is still a little green to wrestling but man is he a super fun to watch attacking HWT. I'm a buckeye and would love to see him be the heir apparent to Snyder but wouldn't mind seeing him at Okahoma State as well! 

lul alum

come on Rasheed was in every match as a freshman

half guys in quarters he either lost by one pt or beat

them.

Be much better as soohmore and will challenge at 184

with out weight cut. Even masa he was right there.

I think you are not factoring injuries either im sure

he will get chance. keep improving. If after next year

hes getting locked out. follow Hammond get two shots.

He is in wheel House Nickal Hall best in country

if Cael plan Hall takes nickal and Nickal goes 184

hes is best to leave or hope redshirt.

these guys are best country

Edited by cangemi

Honestly I seen potential in Mizzou's heavy weight he was just undersized and out strength this year. He could have really benefited from a red shirt year. It's hard to come in as a true freshmen and have instant success especially heavy weight.

Michael Johnson Jr (Montini Catholic, IL) the #1 ranked Heavyweight from the 2014-2015 season has transferred from Yale to Duke. and will be returning to the mat.  

That's some pretty great news for Duke!  Izzy must be happy.

Michael Johnson Jr (Montini Catholic, IL) the #1 ranked Heavyweight from the 2014-2015 season has transferred from Yale to Duke. and will be returning to the mat.  

He isn't transferring, he never enrolled at Yale. He prepped this year at Choate Rosemary Hall, which is what some might call the gold standard of prep schools, counting John F. Kennedy among its alumni.

lul alum

come on Rasheed was in every match as a freshman

half guys in quarters he either lost by one pt or beat

them.

Be much better as soohmore and will challenge at 184

with out weight cut. Even masa he was right there.

I think you are not factoring injuries either im sure

he will get chance. keep improving. If after next year

hes getting locked out. follow Hammond get two shots.

He is in wheel House Nickal Hall best in country

if Cael plan Hall takes nickal and Nickal goes 184

hes is best to leave or hope redshirt.

these guys are best country

Huh? Were you drinking when you posted this? What's even more sad is this is the version showing AFTER you made at least one edit.

I commented on two items: (1) Rasheed will never see 165 again, when the previous poster suggested that he might squeeze into the lineup at 165 next year if Hall takes a RS; and (2) the poster suggested that Rasheed would AA at either 165/174, when he did not even make the podium at the Scuffle.

Edited by lu_alum

Huh? Were you drinking when you posted this? What's even more sad is this is the version showing AFTER you made at least one edit.

I commented on two items: (1) Rasheed will never see 165 again, when the previous poster suggested that he might squeeze into the lineup at 165 next year if Hall takes a RS; and (2) the poster suggested that Rasheed would AA at either 165/174, when he did not even make the podium at the Scuffle.

Friendly wager thay Rasheed AAs next year, assuming he makes the lineup? At either 165, 174 or 184

What's this about Colin Jensen transferring?  Is he thinking SDSU, and for what reason? Also, they are in the same conference- do you think Manning would let him leave?

Where did this come from ?   It would surprise me since he will be a SR and his younger brother is redshirting at NU.  That being said, there is another hot FR who would likely challenge Jensen pretty hard next year and maybe he wonders if he is starting.  

Friendly wager thay Rasheed AAs next year, assuming he makes the lineup? At either 165, 174 or 184

LOL! You aren't even certain that he'll make the starting lineup. I'll gladly take the bet - he won't make 165, and won't AA at 184 (given the returning talent). His only hope is that Nickal moves up and makes 174 available. Even if that happens, I'd say odds are 3:2 against his making AA at 174.

LOL! You aren't even certain that he'll make the starting lineup. I'll gladly take the bet - he won't make 165, and won't AA at 184 (given the returning talent). His only hope is that Nickal moves up and makes 174 available. Even if that happens, I'd say odds are 3:2 against his making AA at 174.

Of course I'm not certain. They have Bo at 174 and Nolf may move to 165. With an AA at 184, him not making the lineup does not mean he wouldn't AA. Penn state, if allowed, could have two AAs theoretically in a weight class. They are that deep.

Heard some rumblings a while back about a 157 from Penn State coming to Blacksburg for his senior year.  I wonder if anything ever came of that or if he is hoping Nolf moves up and he gets in the lineup at Penn State next year?

Heard some rumblings a while back about a 157 from Penn State coming to Blacksburg for his senior year.  I wonder if anything ever came of that or if he is hoping Nolf moves up and he gets in the lineup at Penn State next year?

Beitz?  the post below from the Garrett Hammond thread suggests he might be done.

IronChef, on 31 Mar 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

I believe Beitz decided to graduate and move on even though he has a year of eligibility left.