Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Last chance qualifier..

As an update, the website says that registration is now closed, so either they haven't updated last minute registrants or we have to wait for Hall v Valencia. One possibility is that he didn't want to make the cut. After the Pittsburgh Classic he said (in the interview on Flo) that his biggest challenge for the Juniors would be getting down to 163 because he had been at 170 all year.

As an update, the website says that registration is now closed, so either they haven't updated last minute registrants or we have to wait for Hall v Valencia. One possibility is that he didn't want to make the cut. After the Pittsburgh Classic he said (in the interview on Flo) that his biggest challenge for the Juniors would be getting down to 163 because he had been at 170 all year.

You can register at the door.

TrackWrestling's registrations are up to the second.

57: pretty open field... I don't think it will be Hoch... more likely Micic or Blanc

65: Kulchytskyy or Futrell

74: agree, Valencia 

86: seems pretty wide open... Winn, I guess?  will be interesting to see if Nickal can do anything here

97: hard to go against Zabriskie 

125: Schafer, I guess?  not a very deep weight

Hall did make it after all, so Hall/Valencia final seems likely.

Zabriskie went to heavyweight, which makes 97kg wide open.

Brackets are interesting... Blanc/Micic is a cruel QF after I just said those are my 2 favorites.  Mitcheff got a good draw... he should win over Pataky, so I think he's clear until Hoch/Morrison in the semis

I've been looking around but can't find them. Can someone post them? I tried flo arena. Couldn't find brackets on track (using iPhone). Checked out the usawrestling site. Can't find em.

Any good write ups on the young guns competing?

Edited by nom

I'm sensing a Hall/Valencia rematch in the making, and it should be a good one.  Valencia has been training with higher quality opponents and has proven himself to a degree on the Sr. Level right out of the gate.  Hall has been facing lesser quality opponents most recently, and might have a bit of a shock at the step up that he is about to face... 

Pulling for Hall, head says Valencia this time... 

I'm sensing a Hall/Valencia rematch in the making, and it should be a good one.  Valencia has been training with higher quality opponents and has proven himself to a degree on the Sr. Level right out of the gate.  Hall has been facing lesser quality opponents most recently, and might have a bit of a shock at the step up that he is about to face... 

Pulling for Hall, head says Valencia this time... 

Valencia has definitely had some real successes including beating Nathanial Carr and Andrew Sorenson. On the other hand, Hall beat Valencia in Oct 2014 (in Folkstyle). Hall has also beaten Nolf, Marsteller, JoJo Smith and Isaiah Martinez in the past. And, Hall did train with Jordan Burroughs last summer.

I wanted to see the rematch at Freakshow.  Valencia showed up, Hall didn't and was supposed to.

Hopefully all of those training sessions against Ruth in the ASU room has been doing some good.

If it does happen, it'll be entertaining.

I wanted to see the rematch at Freakshow.  Valencia showed up, Hall didn't and was supposed to.

Hopefully all of those training sessions against Ruth in the ASU room has been doing some good.

If it does happen, it'll be entertaining.

They are both mammoth talents and I hope the match happens because it's hard to say what's going to happen. Nothing will surprise me in the match.

Two observations: every time I watch Hall he just surprises me in how consistently hard he is to take down and how he finds ways to score every which way. Jason Nolf had been training in the PSU room for a full year when Hall wrestled him, and Hall nearly teched him (he was up 11-2 in the second period. On the other hand I am intrigued how much difference AV's year training with Ruth and wrestling so many senior freestyle matches will make.

They are both mammoth talents and I hope the match happens because it's hard to say what's going to happen. Nothing will surprise me in the match.

Two observations: every time I watch Hall he just surprises me in how consistently hard he is to take down and how he finds ways to score every which way. Jason Nolf had been training in the PSU room for a full year when Hall wrestled him, and Hall nearly teched him (he was up 11-2 in the second period. On the other hand I am intrigued how much difference AV's year training with Ruth and wrestling so many senior freestyle matches will make.

I hope it happens too!