Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Last chance qualifier..

You're crazy not to put Dieringer in there and ahead of Hall. I think Dieringer would beat Hall to a pulp right now and in six months.

I wouldn't put Dieringer in there until he actually wrestles.  I also think he easily beats Hall, but he looked done to me this year.  Now even done he still dominated everyone because he is just that good, but he didn't look nearly as into it as he did in 2014-15.  Maybe getting away from the grind and constant weigh-ins of college wrestling will recharge him, but I just wouldn't do any rankings with him until he is actually competing in freestyle.  

I wouldn't put Dieringer in there until he actually wrestles. I also think he easily beats Hall, but he looked done to me this year. Now even done he still dominated everyone because he is just that good, but he didn't look nearly as into it as he did in 2014-15. Maybe getting away from the grind and constant weigh-ins of college wrestling will recharge him, but I just wouldn't do any rankings with him until he is actually competing in freestyle.

I disagree. It's not like he's never wrestled freestyle. He did just last summer and crushed a game and heavier Joey Davis. Not including him in an official ranking is fine, but for discussion purposes, he is absolutely one of the top guys.

Nobody named Martinez is scoring 8 points on Ringer, even if his fist name is Isaiah. I would heavily favor Ringer against Hall right now.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I disagree. It's not like he's never wrestled freestyle. He did just last summer and crushed a game and heavier Joey Davis. Not including him in an official ranking is fine, but for discussion purposes, he is absolutely one of the top guys.

Nobody named Martinez is scoring 8 points on Ringer, even if his fist name is Isaiah. I would heavily favor Ringer against Hall right now.

i think we all agree Hall is not in Ringer's league right now. He's the kind of kid who we would expect could be in anybody's league if he continues to develop, but that's it. As for Ringer, who the heck knows. We will find out in a week if he enters the Olympic trials, that's for sure.

Ridiculously poor decision by McKnight ... Pulls Micic on top of himself trying to send Micic over the top while defending a single.  Had no leverage, no position to try it.  So gives up 4.  

Micic is for real.  Gets another TD.  Leading 8-0 going into 2nd.    Then off McKnight shot Micic gets to an ankle and converts.  Very nice!!!  

Blanc is showing his skills getting 2 backs off a Mitcheff attempt.  Then a simple torque and gets another quick 2.  Winning 5-0 ... challenge rejection gave him 1.  Now another TD I think (not backs) ... 7-0.  Another TD off a double.  9-0.  In the driver's seat going into 2nd.   And then gets the TD in 2nd.  11-0.

Edited by nom

Futrell vs Kulchytskyy.

Futrell gets in and behind.  Kulch keeps a quad pod and Futrell is able to gut him over from that stance for 2.   ... gaps in attention.  Futrell gets another 2 but is up 6-0.  Kulch has hands locked around (one under, one over) but nothing.   Then BJ counters well and gets 2.  8-0.  Kulch gets in and BJ tries hard to pancake but can't.  Gives up the 2.    Wins in the end.  8-2.

Meanwhile Marstellar is up 9-0 on Santiago Martinez.   Now 9-2 as ... Martinez bulled into Marstellar and nearly got 4, I think.  Looked like 4 for me but only 2 for Santiago.  Now Marstellar TD.  11-2.  And now another.  Wins.  13-2.

OK boys.  Hall vs Valencia.

Valencia in on double but Hall gets hands lifted higher on hips along with sprawl and no go.  Blood time on Hall (nose).  

Hall moving.  Duck attempt.  Passive Valencia.  Valencia with shuck attempt.  Hall dives in and gets ankle.  coming out.  LIfts.  Acrobatics.  Huh?  2 backs for Hall.  Weird.  Hall seriously dove belly down to get that ankle.  Came out back and stood up.  Pretty cool sequence.  Surprised to see that.

Bo Nickal is on back.  Pinned.

TD Valencia ... got a bit behind Hall and then Hall tried best not to give it up.  But Valencia gets it.  2-2.

2nd period.  Hall has double nose plugs.  

Hall trying for deep underhook.  Valencia backing away.  Trying own underhook now.  Passive on Valencia.  On shot clock?  Yes I think.  Valencia goes in, Hall with double unders.  Tries to rotate him over but doesn't.  3-2 as shot clock expires.   Not crazy about that passivity call.

Valencia in on leg!  Hall rotates around and gets away but stays on knees and Valencia JUMPS OVER HALL AND GETS THE 2!!  HOLY CRAP!!

1 min to go.  Valencia up 4-3.  Valencia in on leg again.  Whizzer by Hall.  Hall is able to sramble from a whizzer after Valencia tries to get a leg in and then suddenly Hall is behind.  2!   Wow!  5-4 Hall!!!!

WATCH THIS MATCH!!

I come away from every Hall match amazed at how freakin impossible he is to score on and how he is never out of a match. Key points:

Hall shutdown Valencia's double from space. Every time. 

Hall shutdown Valencia's slide-by shrug move where he horses behind guys.

Valencia's first takedown was a flashy jump over Hall and get behind him. Good move but risky. 

Hall was down 4-3 with about 30 seconds to go and Valencia got in on a double and through a crazy scramble hall gets the TD with 12 seconds to go and holds on for the win.