Do they fill the bracket in disciplined way through the seed?

If so, Green vs Retherford first round ... intriguing.  I'm not as big a fan of Green as most on this board.  Yes, he took bronze but I watched him get pushed around quite a bit at worlds.  Plus, 70 KG is a depleted weight.  I'll be surprised if he finishes top 4.  

Nom, that's how it looks. 

The winner of Green & Retherford presumably gets Stieber, then Metcalf/Molinaro/Russel. I don't think the bottom half is any easier, per se, but dang, that's tough. 

I'd bet my hourly wage on Retherford first round, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck on anyone in that bracket to win it. 

http://s500.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1460159970823&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=688

I see the bracket now.  Retherford vs Green is up first.

Flo guys are saying that the model to determine seeding had Green as #1 seed.  Flo guys in radio broadcast expect Green to be #2 ...... but .... Bracket has as #4 seed though.   That's a big difference.

Thanks denger - posted right after you.

I'm going Metcalf.  Folks bitch and moan ... oh well, there's no American that can knock him off.  He's the man for us.  Start falling in line and get ready to cheer for him (assuming the weight gets qualified!).  

I want Stieber though.

Edited by nom

Maybe the seedings aren't perfect, but still looks like a real fun bracket. No matter where you put the top 8 guys, it's still gonna be "pick your poison" everywhere.

Best of luck to all the 65ers, and hope you're enjoying the hydrating and eating right now. Win or lose tomorrow, very proud of all you guys, and appreciate all your excellent wrestling over the years. 

What an honor roll bracket.

Guys is it crazy to pick Retherford to beat James Green first round? is that going to be the most interesting first round match in mens freestyle?

Definitely not crazy, IMO, simply because that is a terrible draw right after you wake up and have been cutting weight all week.  Pico would also be miserable to wrestle before you really "get your legs under you".

Edited by GoNotQuietly

What a  fantastic tournament.   This is going to be really good.    

I've said it all year leading up to this, my money is on Brent.   

Despite getting beat up at Yarygin and embarrassed at Pan Ams, he's still the horse here, until proven otherwise.

Lets Go Brent!  

I'll cheer for any of these guys.

Stieber is my homer pick

Pico is my young dreamer pick

Metcalf is my veteran pick

Retherford is my just-dominated-the-in-tar-NCAA pick

Oliver is my freak-athlete likely to run the international table pick

Kennedy and Green are my proven-on-big-stages picks

Humph is my can't-believe-you're-in-Metcalf's-weightclass pick

Molinaro is my you-beat-somebody-I-care-about pick

The other guys will have to beat at least two of those, and that's why I'll pull for them going forward. 

denger - I like it.  I too am rooting for many of them!

Stieber, just something I like about the guy and his offense is such a fan treat 

Pico, the story of a 19 year old on the team would be awesome

Metcalf, he's proven himself the king of the hill over and over in the US, he's earned the Olympic bid in a way

Oliver, after the no take down call at NCAAs, I've been kinda rooting for him

Kennedy has at times floored me with his skills

Retherford, another young gun that just wooped up on his college peers - time to take it to the big boys

Can't say I'm pulling for Molinaro .... and for some reason I'm not pulling for Green.   We shall see!

Nobody would have picked these semis. I mean, I had Stieber getting there, but nobody would pick Molinaro, Pico, and Humphrey to also get there. Totally nuts, but strangely, not all that surprising.

Reese has always had the ability. I think a lot of people, myself included, have forgotten his talent with the weight increase. Not anymore, He may be more dangerous at this weight if he can fix his late match collapses.  Pico seems a great test of that. 

Nobody would have picked these semis. I mean, I had Stieber getting there, but nobody would pick Molinaro, Pico, and Humphrey to also get there. Totally nuts, but strangely, not all that surprising.

65 is insane!  THIS is what puts people in the seats--unpredictability and some high scoring shoot-outs!  Bravo to all in this bracket keeping us on the edge of our seats--wrestling needs this.