Sign in to follow this  
silverback

The Green machine

Green is a stud. He’s fast and powerful and has everything he needs to win Nationals. And after last night I think he can beat anyone including St. John. Manning get’s his kids in shape and if Green can keep from making any mistakes my guess is he will win the NCAA’s. Anyone else think the same?

I'm not saying he is unbeatable. Lot's of NCAA champions take losses during the year and he may take some more this year. But last night, at least to me, it looked like he scored at will and had great defense when he needed it. Been wrong at least once before, but I'm saying I think he's going to win it.

Jedd Moore (Virginia) Dec James Green 7-6

Wasn't JG injured during that match?

no idea if he was injured. Actually, I haven't followed James Green, and when I looked up his matches on http://www.d1collegewrestling.net/Results_JGreen.html this morning, I thought, "he hasn't beat anyone yet." I don't think his last match was posted yet.

#7 James Green (NEB) by dec. over #2 Jason Welch (NU), 9-8[/b]

That's a big win (if Welch wasn't injured or sick). Okay, Silverback, I'll take a ride on his bandwagon for a while.

He definitely has the potential to win it all.

Must get in shape.

Stay off bottom.

I would disagree staying off bottom, he has to find a way out from the bottom. It is nearly impossible in a college match not to need the bottom position at some point. So to say "stay off bottom," isn't nearly as accurate as "find a way out from the bottom"

He's gonna rock the town without bein seen, have you ever seen a turtle get down...

Sorry I was born in 1985, and was a 6 year old TMNT fanatic when the second movie came out in 1991. Green machine had but one meaning to me for years, but now it has two.

Is Green related to Buffalo graduate Desi Green?

He definitely has the potential to win it all.

Must get in shape.

Stay off bottom.

I would disagree staying off bottom, he has to find a way out from the bottom. It is nearly impossible in a college match not to need the bottom position at some point. So to say "stay off bottom," isn't nearly as accurate as "find a way out from the bottom"

Possibly. But if he cant get out, then he best stay off bottom. If he gets in better shape as the season rolls on and he gets a few more matches in.....maybe he will be ok.

I don't know about that. It seemed to me that he took Welch down at will. Can Welch beat Green? Sure, but can Green beat Welch again. I think so. Like I said earlier I think Green

will win it all.

I agree about Green, I think he has the tools to win it all, but he has to find a way to keep wrestling the entire match. The way he started out against Welch, you would have thought he was going to beat him by 10 or more points. He left no room for Welch to scramble out in some of those situations. If he can find a way to keep his gas tank over half full through the NCAA tourney, he will be very, very dangerous.

No doubt he has the physical abilities to beat anyone, very similar to Burroughs in style and ability.

I think he will continue to improve like JB did, and eventually win a title.....not this year however.

His conditioning doesn't appear to be there and the bottom position could slow him down enough to make him less effective on his feet. He definitely needs a comfortable lead against the top tier guys.