BigTimeFan

Pico vs Molinaro Thread

Just like Gatsalov against Snyder, I don't have a problem with that. What I find odd is that it seemed Pico's hand was out of the mat, not Molinaro's.

That's above my pay grade. I don't know... I generally like the rules about push-outs. To my mind they've made matches more dynamic and I like to watch them more (and I love the sport, so imagine how much good it does for those who don't give a damn!). 

Not hating but neither of these guys are going to medal at the Olympics. 

I know what you mean. Internationally 65kg is tough, but I wouldn't rule it out either. I remember how in 2012 everyone said 96kg was the toughest weight class in the world and he didn't stand a chance and then he wins the gold. I see Pico (if he wins tonight) as a long shot to win a gold but not a long shot to win a medal. He's improving rapidly. at an age where you would expect exactly that. Remember that Snyder didn't win junior worlds one year before he won senior worlds. 

I know what you mean. Internationally 65kg is tough, but I wouldn't rule it out either. I remember how in 2012 everyone said 96kg was the toughest weight class in the world and he didn't stand a chance and then he wins the gold. I see Pico (if he wins tonight) as a long shot to win a gold but not a long shot to win a medal. He's improving rapidly. at an age where you would expect exactly that. Remember that Snyder didn't win junior worlds one year before he won senior worlds. 

I know I am waaayyy late to this issue, but I frankly do not like the path Pico chose. So he makes an Olympic team. It will be an outright miracle if he medals (maybe bronze) and for that he foregoes college. I understand the Cejudo example but Snyder won a world title and I saw him featured at the Ncaa's on espn a few weeks back. If Synder does not win here it is not the end of the world. But I get the sense that Pico gave a lot up, lilkely won't medal, won't come close to gold, and this is it before he goes mma. His life but he could have done all this and kicked butt in college too.  

I know I am waaayyy late to this issue, but I frankly do not like the path Pico chose. So he makes an Olympic team. It will be an outright miracle if he medals (maybe bronze) and for that he foregoes college. I understand the Cejudo example but Snyder won a world title and I saw him featured at the Ncaa's on espn a few weeks back. If Synder does not win here it is not the end of the world. But I get the sense that Pico gave a lot up, lilkely won't medal, won't come close to gold, and this is it before he goes mma. His life but he could have done all this and kicked butt in college too.

Maybe if the NCAA let guys earn money competing he would have.

Just to give an idea, Molinaro was exposed for 2, no call.  Pico locked up a chest lock, the ref blew them up instantly.  Then thy ref restarted the match as POico was walking back to the match.  Brutal stretch for Pico.  Nice counter by Molinaro there for 2 though.

How was that first exposure not called for Pico? His corner definitely should have challenged, although it was so subjective I'm not entirely sure it's overturned. Rough calls for Pico but Molinaro wrestled really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, it's strange that Pico's coaches didn't challenge that first scoring sequence.

What's most amazing is how easily Molinaro is getting pushed around. He's barely able to stand his ground against Pico, and you never see Frank get outmuscled on the mat! Pico's a really strong kid.

Just to give an idea, Molinaro was exposed for 2, no call. Pico locked up a chest lock, the ref blew them up instantly. Then thy ref restarted the match as POico was walking back to the match. Brutal stretch for Pico. Nice counter by Molinaro there for 2 though.

That was right, the 2 was for the exposure, there wasn't a takedown, watch kinchegashvili vs Rahimi, Molinaro's arm on Pico's crotch was preventing control.