GoNotQuietly

Sunday @ Olympic Trials Thread

2nd period, two energizer bunnies ... Mega with tons of energy  .. lots of head fakes, tons of flopping.   Garrett just drove Mega out.  up 3-2.  Now with go behind TD.  5-2.  Nice.  Blood.

While I think Dake is our best shot to qualify the weight and the extreme outside shot for a medal, Cox poses some real problems.  

Since J'Den's true freshman year, I think the only takedowns he has given up are to single legs and ankle picks.  His Freshman year he had a couple loses getting scored on with singles, but since then his only loses were to a DQ and ankle picks.  The loses to McIntosh and Snyder were both to ankle picks his sophomore year.  That is his weakness.  So Taylor would have been a horrible matchup for J'Den.  Dake COULD have a hard time with his Hi-C causing him to rely on the single. I don't see Cox getting over zealous and allowing for scrambles either.  I think stylistically J'Den is the absolute worst possible matchup for Dake. So I am going with Cox, if forced to bet.  As a Mizzou fan I would love to see J'Den.  However, as a USA fan I have to hope for Dake from an objective standpoint. If anyone is capable of pulling enough upsets to medal in Rio it is him.  If we qualify.

With that said. J'Den isn't a folkstlyle wrestler having a fluke tournament.  He is a 4 time fargo all-american, and actually beat Snyder to win Fargo. I believe he has wrestled on the Cadet world teams, has won University nationals, and was either number 1 or 2 on the Junior world team ladder.  His high school coach has been on international coaching staffs, and was also Dom Bradley's coach.  In addition he trained for years with one of the coaches who have trained the cadet and junior world greco teams in the past.  So he is hardly green in the international styles.  He has also wrestled internationally at the cadet and junior level.  So he is well versed in freestyle.  Maybe even more so than folkstyle. 

What is up with Mark Hall's shots where he literally dives horizontally, reaching with right hand for an ankle.  He ends up prone on the mat.  It worked in the Qualifier, I know.  But wow ... not crazy about technique.  I don't see others doing this.  Thoughts?

Give him 2-3 years of physical maturity. He'll be right there with them.

Ture, but he also looks much more physically mature than most his age, so in 2-3 years some guys his own age will surely be monsters too.  Hall is a beast, though.