GoNotQuietly

Sunday @ Olympic Trials Thread

potdangerous,

I agree that we have seen Dake internationally at 86kg.  However, a lot of those matches he was just coming back from being out a long time from injury.  He also had just made the decision to go up so there is a learning curve strategically.  He was also just starting to grow into the weight, if he can grow anymore. So there were a lot of 1 inch variables that can add up to a 100 yard difference. The one thing Dake has that I don't think anyone else in the weight does is the ability to rattle off a series of points in a hurry when he is behind, due to his explosiveness and scrambling.  I think that is something that can be adjusted for when you know that ability, but since he is virtually a nobody internationally, and absolutely WILL NOT be respected internationally because of his size, it makes him deceptively dangerous and overlooked.  JMO.  I am a HUGE J'Den fan, due to connections with his high school and college coach, but I try to look at it objectively. USA first, personal preference second. 

Howe / Marable -  Hard snap by Howe ... did Marable get knocked silly?  Had to step away.  May have smacked head into mat hard.   Wrestling now.  Howe in.  Gets leg.  Marable stepped out but then swung behind and they gave Marable 1.  That was wrong.  Marable stepped out.  I clearly saw it.  Very clear.    Marable 1-0.  Where is Howe's coach?  the assistant should be all over that.

Howe digging for underhook, has it.  Not so much now.  Goes in.  And again but Marable gets away and tries to jump behind .. Howe turns in.  Warning to HOwe -- can't lead with head says announcer.  Marable lowers level but doesn't get hands in.  Marable on clock.  2-1 Howe.  Says that if he gets another caution he'd be disqualfied ??? Huh?  that's crazy.  

Garrett/ Colon with some big shoves.  Just have a sense that Garrett is controlling just a bit more.  

Hall/Hall is a fun match, seeing in corner of eye.  Lots going on.  

Think garrett was on clock.  1 pt Colon.  4-1.  Second period.  Garrett with another TD.  6-1.

Someone has to explain how Mark Hall reversed that position to get 2 on Adam.  About 1 min left to go in period 1 .. That was amazing.  Looked so calm.  Mark winning 5-4.  But Adam doing well.  Gets back exposure on nice freestyle feel.  6-5 Adam going into second.

Colon tries a trip but Nahshon bulls in and puts Colon to back!!  10-1!!!  And that is it!!!!  Another 4 pointer!!! 14-1 Wow!!

Mark Hall tries inside trip but Adam wins position.  8-5 Adam.  Hall in pain with knee.  

Ok I missed the controversial match, but no way Ramos is our best guy. It is Garrett without question. 

edit: hmm...Graff with quick TF of Garrett, now I don't know what to think

Edited by josefsmoe