GoNotQuietly

Sunday @ Olympic Trials Thread

I am not there to see it, but I am surprised the score was what it was.  Still another one to go, but If Cox and handle Dake again like that he may be better than even I thought.  We will see though because Koll is a master of adjusting.

I am not there to see it, but I am surprised the score was what it was.  Still another one to go, but If Cox and handle Dake again like that he may be better than even I thought.  We will see though because Koll is a master of adjusting.

It was a very closely contested match until J'den got the first takedown to go up 3-1 (and the challenge by Dake was not overturned). Dake then got really sloppy (possibly hoping to force some funk positions he could score from) and J'den just manhandled him several times in a row.

OK, we'll see. What I saw today was a very talented boy wrestling men. If he mature physically next year, I buy that. If not, he'll just need more time.

True that. If he fails to develop he won't be the first and people will look back and say he was just ahead of everyone else when he was whomping people. If he develops they will point to his numerous wins in HS vs people who quickly developed into all Americans (he beat Nolf, Myles Martin, JoJo Smith, TJ Dudley, IMart in HS... the sheer numbers speak volumes). 

Varner - Snyder ... I could see Snyder losing here. He didn't look by any means unbeatable overseas this year. Though he does some mean jumping jacks.

I'll be surprised if anyone see's much of this match - NBC stream sucks today.

Varner - Snyder ... I could see Snyder losing here. He didn't look by any means unbeatable overseas this year. Though he does some mean jumping jacks.

I could see Snyder losing but he was a lot better than Varner overseas. Varner lost to that Turk in Yasar Dogu who is far from a top 97.