GoNotQuietly

Sunday @ Olympic Trials Thread

I was wondering the same thing ... I have no idea bout Winn.

Winn did beat J'den pretty soundly a couple years ago (after J'den's first NCAA championship) up at 97 kilos. He's a good wrestler, but not on Ruth's level obviously. I sure J'den has improved quite a bit since then, too.

Edited by Crotalus

Winn did beat J'den pretty soundly a couple years ago (after J'den's first NCAA championship) up at 97 kilos. He's a good wrestler, but not on Ruth's level obviously. I sure J'den has improved quite a bit since then, too.

Nice one. Didn't know that. Ruth made Winn look like a HS junior.

Did you guys have to do anything different today to watch?  It's asking me to login today, which it didn't yesterday....IAC, it's saying that i'm not authorized to watch....thanks.

It did to me to, but I just had to enter in my cable provider in the blank slot.  

Did you guys have to do anything different today to watch?  It's asking me to login today, which it didn't yesterday....IAC, it's saying that i'm not authorized to watch....thanks.

I was also getting the unauthorized error message during yesterday's finals and today but it went away after restarting (Roku channel).

Gadson / Kleinschmidt (?who?)

Gadson snap to a near over under throw but can't hit it.  Passive Klein.  Blast double by Gad up to body lock but Klein hips away.  Announcer says Klein on shot clock.   Gadson pulling in with double under lock high up on body... can't throw but does get behind.  Tries leg lace but it slips in his grip.  2-0 at restart.   Gadson grabbing contact lens from other side of mat (how find it!?).  Getting help putting it in.  Why do wrestlers need contacts?   To see time/score I guess?

Gadson looks like he has an infinity symbol carved in his hair in the back of his head (sideways 8).  

Period ends with some dancing.  Gadson tried upper body locks a couple more times but didn't threaten.

Can he hit the Gadson (a la NCAA finals vs Snyder)?  Grrr.. another contact out.  This time doesn't put it back in.  2 min to go.

Francois beats Burak. 2-1.   A bit later, crowd is booing about something (announcer saying mat 1).

Klein gives up 1 for shot clock I think.  Missed it.  3-0 Gadson.  Klein threatens a go behind but Gadson rotates to face.    Now Klein goes in on deep double.  Gadson wisely bails so as not to go back.  Klein can't make a turn work.  12 sec.  Klein attacking.  Gadson wins 3-2.

Nom, Richard Perry had a solid college career and has been around for a while. Was a 2-2 kind of guy at NCAAs and never AA'd but the whisper story is he's better than that and always looked that way. 

The thing that opened my eyes was at the Medved this year he took a silver but beat the guy that beat Dake 9-1. Here's the cut-and-paste. What I don't know is whether or not Dake had something going on in his loss. I didn't see the matches. 

U.S. Men’s Freestyle performance

86 kg/189 lbs.– Kyle Dake, Ithaca, N.Y. (Titan Mercury WC/Finger Lakes WC)
WIN Sebastian Jezierzanski (Poland), tech. fall 13-2
WIN Irakli Mtsituri (Georgia), 6-1
LOSS Amarjajy Magamedov (Belarus), 1-9

86 kg/189 lbs. – Richard Perry, Philadelphia, Pa. (NYAC/PRTC), silver medal
WIN Boris Makoev (Russia), 2-1
WIN Ahmet Bilichi (Turkey), 12-5
WIN Sandro Aminashvili (Georgia), pin
WIN Amarjajy Magamedov (Belarus), 9-6
LOSS Nurmagomed Gadziev (Azerbaijan), 0-6

125 kg/275 lbs. – Eric Thompson, State College, Pa. (Nittany Lion WC)
LOSS Dmitry Popov (Kazakhstan)