GoNotQuietly

Sunday @ Olympic Trials Thread

Garrett kind of stopped wrestling in that last minute. Too bad.

That's now what I saw. Ramos controlled the mat more during the match, but even still Garrett produced much more offense overall. How many times did Garrett commit to a shot versus Ramos? I saw way more from Garrett. He (Garrett) wrestled smart, IMO, and then the ref gave Ramos a stalling or fleeing point that decided the match with 9 seconds left. Bleh.

Edited by Aztec

BTF, WHERE WAS THE PASSIVITY ON RAMOS ALL THE FIRST PERIOD.  Then the passivity on Nahshon off the bat in 2nd?  Explain that!!    

Garrett was in defense but he was taking reshots off of Ramos' shots.  That was ridiculous.

I know people are going to freak out about that call, but it's been explained a couple of different places that while we look for passivities based on shots, like stalling, it's not.  It's about who's controlling the center of the mat.  Garrett was backing up a lot.

That said, they way Garrett moves is incredible.  It's hard to see anybody but him winning this weight starting next year, provided he sticks with it.

Horrible call and you know it.  

That was COMPLETELY BIASED OFFICIATING.   There is no doubt in my mind.  How can you call Garrett for passivity in 2nd and not call Ramos for it in the first.  

I'm so freaking pissed right now.  

Disheartening.  I credit the rules in another post and then that.  Garrett takes nearly all of the legitimate shots.  Horrible.

If I were going to complain I would focus on the first time Garrett was put on the shot clock. At that point as far as I'm concerned Garrett was doing all the work.

I know people are going to freak out about that call, but it's been explained a couple of different places that while we look for passivities based on shots, like stalling, it's not.  It's about who's controlling the center of the mat.  Garrett was backing up a lot.

That said, they way Garrett moves is incredible.  It's hard to see anybody but him winning this weight starting next year, provided he sticks with it.

Cmon Vak, take off the blinders, if that call was reversed you'd be livid

I don't really care for those shoes Mega and Coleman Scott are wearing. They almost look like normal shoes. Or lighter basketball shoes.  With a hint of flat bottom Skateboard style or something.  I like the old Addidas way more