Sign in to follow this  
rhill3

Garrett gets cheated

Ramos took one shot that I saw in first period, but totally missed.  It was like he was acting ... see, I'm doing something.  No passivity called.  Then second starts and ref starts calling passive on Nahshon. 

Total bias.  

Seriously -- ref should be either fired or some how put on probation.  You have to be consistent ... at least in the match.  That was ridiculous.

Passivity isn't called based on shots, like stalling is. It's called based on controlling the center of the mat. Willie and CP talked about it on a recent FRL.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Correct - and even tho I don't like it, TR kept in the center and NG kept circling and this is what frustrates me with NG in the 2nd period. He could have worked in the middle more to prevent the continued passivity warnings and calls.

But agree that it was an awful call at the time.

Edited by Jasonmitchell32

Give it up Vak, there is no excuse for the officating in that match.  In large part that sort of crap had disappeared with the current passivity rules and now that joke of an official brings back the old days to knock out a wrestler who could have been our olympic representive.

Give it up Vak, there is no excuse for the officating in that match.  In large part that sort of crap had disappeared with the current passivity rules and now that joke of an official brings back the old days to knock out a wrestler who could have been our olympic representive.

Right Jason ... we want Iowa-style wrestlers who stand in the middle like boat anchors, not wrestlers like John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, etc who move and create angles.

That was absolutely horrendous! Garrett took all the real shots and Ramos's were all half shots. Garrett got put on the shot clock right after getting in on a double leg! And yes he was mostly blocking/defending at the end, but that is what you have to do when your opponent is just charging you. Happens all the time and doesnt get called. A referee should never be that influenced by a crowd and he should not be allowed to do another major tournament.

Doesn't matter. We can objectively say NG is the superior wrestler(earning his points via leg attacks). Just inferior tactics. He'll adjust and move past Ramos.

Well Ramos also scored and showed incredible defense. But yeah, Nahshon should be the man as soon as next year of he dedicates himself.

Well Ramos also scored and showed incredible defense. But yeah, Nahshon should be the man as soon as next year of he dedicates himself.

How did Ramos score his points? Did he score a takedown, a pair of pushouts; or was it all awarded by officials?

Right Jason ... we want Iowa-style wrestlers who stand in the middle like boat anchors, not wrestlers like John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, etc who move and create angles.

I'm assume our replying to me (since I'm Jason). That's not what I'm saying at all - I'm saying that this is what the rule is, TR was anchored in the middle (understanding that NG kept getting warned) and NG should have been aware enough That the ref was crappy and that he needed to change something so the match wouldnt be taken away from him.

I do NOT think we need "Iowa style" in freestyle - when did I ever say that? Oh, right - I didn't.

All I was frustrated with was that NG should have been aware throughout that match that he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt. Ramos obviously wasn't going to be the aggressor. It's prob an experience issue (and a crapping officiating issue).

NG should have been aware enough That the ref was crappy and that he needed to change something so the match wouldnt be taken away from him.

What is NG (or anyone in that situation) supposed to do? He was already creating the obvious majority of the offensive attacks. Is he supposed to take bad shots against an opponent anchored in a defensive stance just to try and please the ref? It just sucks for NG (and others who have been in that position).

What is NG (or anyone in that situation) supposed to do? He was already creating the obvious majority of the offensive attacks. Is he supposed to take bad shots against an opponent anchored in a defensive stance just to try and please the ref? It just sucks for NG (and others who have been in that position).

I guess I felt he was doing too much blocking and lateral movement towards the end of the match and I could sense the call was going to come. And of course - it came with too little time left for him to score.