You are picking Taylor over Dake?

Yes

The back should be healed up and he's  had some time to grow into the weight.   Dake leading 1-0 in bouts at 86 kg is certainly compelling for choosing him, but at this point, they should be pretty close.   I'm going with Taylor.   

Yes

The back should be healed up and he's had some time to grow into the weight. Dake leading 1-0 in bouts at 86 kg is certainly compelling for choosing him, but at this point, they should be pretty close. I'm going with Taylor.

The match already happened, ol boy.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Picking Cox over Dake in two matches. Maybe close but if Dake opens up he will get pinned here. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know Cox was going to handle this field. He is green and was not a lock but why did anyone doubt? Once he trains freestyle he could dominate this weight. The only guy his size was Foster. By next year he will not have any close matches here. 

We saw how against Taylor, given a few months tot grow into the weight class, Dake's 11-4 win a few months back, suddenly is a 4-3, nail biter t the bitter end.   Size does matter, and just as Taylor closed the significant gap, simply by filling out a little, I expect Cox is just too much at this time.   If Dake could put on some good muscle he would be right there, but that's not happening between now and the final.   

Cox in a landslide. 

Freestyle skills is not what it used to be. No more forced bottom. It is mostly from the feet. That is why guys can transition so much easier. Cox will grab a couple takedowns, a pin of Dake gets out of line and I say Dake does not score at all. If he does I will be surprised. If Dake wins I will simply be floored and amazed that he could bump up with a huge weight gap and win trials. I mean I think Cox would/should beat Burroughs also-no contest either. 

Before the trials started this weekend I assumed that Cox was going to look enormous for the weight and don't get me wrong he looks big, but I was even more impressed with Dake's size. Richard Perry is one big dude and yes, bigger than Dake, but Dake did not look small next to him, just had less muscular definition. And I actually don't think the Taylor Dake match was all that close despite the score (and I was rooting for Taylor). At the beginning of the 2nd period when Dake was down (score tied, but taylor scored last) he man handled Taylor and bulled him over for a takedown. I didn't feel like Dake was ever in too much danger. Taylor got to his leg once or twice and Dake easily defended them. This is all to say that I think Dake looks very good and his size has become less of an issue, at least domestically. I would not be surprised if Dake beats Cox. In fact, I'm taking Dake over Cox.