Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Rank your TOP 10 individuals for the upcoming season

I considered Maple. I had him and Ramos and a few others on my honorable mentions on my first draft. I figured I'd just start more nonsense and the initial list would be lost so I eliminated the honorable mentions. I agree Maple has as much potential and looks as good on the mat as anyone.

I considered Maple. I had him and Ramos and a few others on my honorable mentions on my first draft. I figured I'd just start more nonsense and the initial list would be lost so I eliminated the honorable mentions. I agree Maple has as much potential and looks as good on the mat as anyone.

If, and its a big IF, Maple can improve his gas tank Oliver could end up going down as one of THE best 1 timers of all time. Watching Maple last year I thought he was the best wrestler at 141. Both of the matches he lost at NCAAs Marion and Novachkov blocked and wore him down and then exposed him in OT. He is solid and explosive in all 3 positions. If he improves his wind he could become the breakout wrestler of the year because noone other than Oliver(maybe Stieber if he continues to improve) will keep it close.

Average rank of Mcdonough right now is 6.4. He might be the most underrated guy right now. He has the exact same career record as most peoples number 1 Kyle Dake (100-4). I don't understand why people are down on him, or at least so much higher on everyone else.

Mcdonough's only losses at the olympic trials were to the last 2 world team members (Blanc and Simmons) so its not like he had a bad tournament there. Noone on this list beat a world team member at the OTTs that I can remember.

Stieber is good but he is better at freestyle and always has been. Seems like he is being a little overrated going from not being favored to win NCAAs last year to a top 4 p4p guy.

Oliver didn't even win a title last year and is moving up at least 1 weight class so I don't see how he is such a definitively better choice.

The general trend of the rankings seems a little off to me and Mcdonough's dominance is being overlooked IMO

I like McDonough a ton. His hard work and determination are second to none. I do, however, think he has benefited from being the biggest guy at the smallest weight class. When he ran into the only bigger guy, Robles, he lost. Being 8th on my list, with who is in front of him, isn't a slam so much as the fact there are 7 exceptionally good guys wrestling this upcoming season. If he can run out 125 undefeated this year, I think he could move up a few spots. I also really want to see how Delgado progresses from last year thru this upcoming season. Three time champ and 4 time finalist would put him in rarified air.

It's funny that you all thought McDonough was the most underrated guy on the list.

Seems to me he was the only over rated guy in the bunch. Wright clearly the under rated in these lists.