Sign in to follow this  
newyorkwrestler

ref inconsistency

I think it should be noted that in no other matches i have seen with the a similiar situation as garret and ramos, has the ref called the match in favor of the losing wrestler. this is not meant as a slight against ramos but the ref who did the match, garret is the true winner. I think either we have to make sure the refs call those stalls or they all don't. 

Vak, do you mean the earlier passive or the fleeing the hold call at the end? Because Ramos was dancing around and didn't get a fleeing call against him. And, all Ramos has been doing is countering and pushing. Good enough here, but won't get it done in Rio. He needs to find his offense.

Vak, do you mean the earlier passive or the fleeing the hold call at the end? Because Ramos was dancing around and didn't get a fleeing call against him. And, all Ramos has been doing is countering and pushing. Good enough here, but won't get it done in Rio. He needs to find his offense.

Both Ramos and Garrett were verbally warned that they were going to be called. Ramos adjusted his behavior. Garrett didn't.

I am referring to wrestler being defensive with the lead in the last 30 seconds of the match. everybody is, and it has not been called as passivity

Are they all being warned repeatedly and audibly? Are they backing up like Garrett did or circling to center? Give me your example of someone in the exact same circumstance as Garrett.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

i watched most of the matches today and i saw no one who actively refused to wrestle and ran for an entire minute like garrett did... he literally refused to wrestle and tucked tail and ran...

he should look what varner did in his finals match, what howe did in his finals match, what every other wrestler did with a lead... stand your ground, head hands defense... had he done anything even close to that he would have won that match...

i watched most of the matches today and i saw no one who actively refused to wrestle and ran for an entire minute like garrett did... he literally refused to wrestle and tucked tail and ran...

he should look what varner did in his finals match, what howe did in his finals match, what every other wrestler did with a lead... stand your ground, head hands defense... had he done anything even close to that he would have won that match...

Hmmmmmm..... I brought that up earlier and was called various names for suggesting this..... Not by you of course - just wanted to point out that this is how my "rant" started earlier today. Wish some of you were around to jump to my defense!

Pico should be representing the US in the Olympics.  In my eyes, he secured his Olympic spot after his 2nd match. He was the better wrestler.  The refs failure to him the 2 back exposures he earned, as well as, the quick whistle to give up another 2 pts to Molinaro as he was walking back to the middle was inexcusable in a match of such magnitude to determine the US Olympian.   

Though young, he has been brought along to peak for the Olympics with the outstanding coaching and training regimen of his coach Valentin Kalika.   I believe in Pico! If the US is to be a wrestling power, they need to invest long term in their world class young phenoms like Pico, Snyder and others.  I hope we see him wrestle in the summer games and many more after that. 

Not really. Cox ran for 5 seconds. Garrett ran for at least a minute while being warned repeatedly.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure we watched the same match, Vak.  I was at the event and thought it was the worst freestyle call I had ever seen.  After returning and watching the match again, it's worse than I thought.  You claim Garrett "ran for at least a minute".  I invite you to watch the video again.  (I'll link it below.).  With minute 50 seconds to go, Garrett takes a decent shot (Ramos defended) and then 3 seconds later gets put on the clock.  Ramos had done little more than hand fight up to that point.  With minute 31 seconds to go, Garrett gets a single but once again Ramos defends it well.  With minute 15 seconds left, Ramos gets single and quick TD call (I'm not sure Ramos had control).  In the last minute, Garrett was probably as aggressive as Ramos was.  Garrett took a shot at a double with 50 seconds left.  Ramos defended it well.  They continued to hand fight for another 25 seconds.  Garrett was never close to the outer circle, had one foot inside the inner circle for much of the handfighting. Garrett circled back to the center a few times. At 23 seconds left, Ramos takes his first legitimate shot in nearly a minute.  Garrett gets warned.  Garrett spends the next 10 seconds hand fighting with Ramos, with his foot inside the inner circle for much of that time, before the ref awards Ramos the last point.  That was an awful call.  That ref should never officiate an OTT match again.  Ramos will never get a call like that again.  The ref stole that match from Garrett.  If Garrett and Ramos wrestle 10 matches, Garrett wins 8 probably.  That ref decided the match.  Just a terrible call.  

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40979-tony-ramos-vs-nahshon-garrett-at-2016-olympic-trials