Gonna go with Varner in two very close matches. Snyder is better for the team though. By far the biggest match of the OTT. Only the 3rd time in history an Olympic champ has faced a world champ in the trials finals ever and the first since 88 and that was a 84 Olympic champ from the depleted Olympics. This is a very historic finals!!!!!

Gonna go with Varner in two very close matches. Snyder is better for the team though. By far the biggest match of the OTT. Only the 3rd time in history an Olympic champ has faced a world champ in the trials finals ever and the first since 88 and that was a 84 Olympic champ from the depleted Olympics. This is a very historic finals!!!!!

Randy Lewis vs John Smith?

Sure, Varner looks in better form this year than in the past, but I think Snyder looks much improved as well. Snyder has managed to put on significant muscle while maintaining and possibly even improving his conditioning (basing this on his NCAA season performance). I think that physically and mentally Snyder is on a path that no one domestically, including Varner, can stop. I got Snyder in 2. 

History suggests it will be two close matches with Snyder edging Varner in both.  It will certainly be exciting to see if Varner can break through.  Either way, our chances of winning an Olympic medal at this weight are pretty good.

I definitely agree that we will see 2 or 3 very tight matches.  However, I would say anyone's chances of winning an Olympic medal are only decent at best.  This weight is absolutely stacked internationally.  One of the best fields I've ever seen.

I said after Snyder won the Worlds that Varner was a legit threat to his chances of making the Olympic team. I had all sorts of people claim that Varner wasn't due to his lackluster results after the previous Olympics. But that was a less motivated Varner who likely wasn't in full training mode. Today we are seeing What Varner can due when he's got in a full training and regained his focus. . Id like to see Snyder win but Varner is good enough to beat him. Will he two out of three times? We will have to wait and see.

Edited by MadMardigain