Sign in to follow this  
WalterWhite

Dake or Cox who ya got?

Cletus has something against Dake.

PRyan, at least you manned up. Win or no win in the next one, nobody can deny Dake's insane mental strength. He is pretty unique in that regard. I can't believe he is wrestling up a weight (really, more like 3 weights) and is a match away from making the Olympic team. That is unreal.

Cox all the way.   2 bouts to 0.   We saw how Taylor with a little time to grow into the weight class pushed Dake to the brink, and made up quite a bit of ground on him, Cox is already there and cutting to get there.   This wont be close and will have people calling for not being fair.   

Dake back down to 74 kg and swallows that silly excuse of Burroughs unfair road at the trials.    Cox is the boogieman Dake used to fear as a kid, and he's not going away any time soon. 

Your prognostication record has to be considerably under .500 now.  If you didn't have Metcalf, would you have a correct prediction yet?

Cletus has something against Dake.

PRyan, at least you manned up. Win or no win in the next one, nobody can deny Dake's insane mental strength. He is pretty unique in that regard. I can't believe he is wrestling up a weight (really, more like 3 weights) and is a match away from making the Olympic team. That is unreal.

I only have against Dake, running from Burroughs.  Nothing else.   It's not what we are taught growing up in wrestling.   I loved when Dake went up to silence Taylor for threatening to go down to take out Dake, and I loved Dake beating tsargush with a broken hand.   But do you want em to lie to you when we make our predictions?   Would it make you feel better if I adjusted my comments in order to not hurt your feelings?   I did it for RetiredFan.   He told us no more talking about Pico and I switched to Brent and left the Pico talk alone, just to make him happy.   It was that important to him.  Is it that important o you as well, you need me to go pro Dake, despite when I don't see him winning?    Just ask me, I am willing to do that for you. 

Your prognostication record has to be considerably under .500 now.  If you didn't have Metcalf, would you have a correct prediction yet?

Unlike you "I can't bet, I don't now which way to go on this..." I am not afraid to make the hard calls.   Of course I could have gone with the easy calls, I am picking the underdogs.   

I picked Burroughs.   

I picked Varner

I picked Ramos

I picked Metcalf

I picked Taylor over Dake 

I picked Cox

How did I do?  

Did you do better? 

I pretty much stick to mainly DI and some Folkstyle events.  Freestyle scoring is incredibly volatile. I simply couldn't pick someone at 3 of the 6 weights because I just didn't see any true separation at 57, 86 and 97.  I pick who I think will win, not who I want to. I picked Metcalf, Burroughs and Dlagnev, but they were all obvious picks due to significant history.  I "favored" Ramos, Dake and Snyder.

Honestly, I am only busting chops for how superior you try to sound in bashing Metcalf while touting Taylor and inevitably dismissing Dake................

Cox wrestled great! I can't believe Dake drove that single out of bounds though! Why wouldn't he try to pull him in and get the two?

He was trying to sky him out of bounds when Cox eased up to go out of bounds and get 4 points.  It would have probably worked if Cox wasn't a brilliant athlete with absurd wrestling skill and balance.

I pretty much stick to mainly DI and some Folkstyle events.  Freestyle scoring is incredibly volatile. I simply couldn't pick someone at 3 of the 6 weights because I just didn't see any true separation at 57, 86 and 97.  I pick who I think will win, not who I want to. I picked Metcalf, Burroughs and Dlagnev, but they were all obvious picks due to significant history.  I "favored" Ramos, Dake and Snyder.

Honestly, I am only busting chops for how superior you try to sound in bashing Metcalf while touting Taylor and inevitably dismissing Dake................

I thought Taylor showed some huge improvements, turning around an 11-4 defeat, into a 4-3 loss, which was in doubt until the very end.  I thin he proved my point, the weight class matters.      Metcalf was my pick to win it.   How much more did you want from me?   

I picked Cox correctly,

I picked Burroughs correctly,

Ramos reached the final,

Pico who's been my guy for the past 3 years reached the final,

Varner reached the final, and

And I picked Dlegnav correctly.   You can't ask for a much  better result than that.    

I respect Metcalf.  I loved his effort and his post tournament speech.   I hope to see great things from him in coaching.    

If this is about Brent, lets put it behind us, he's done competing.