Sign in to follow this  
Jasonmitchell32

Cox is a BEAST

I simply can not understand how so many smart wrestlers and fans picked Dake. Baffling. Simple science. I would have ate crow if Dake won but this is like a V8 vs V6. Cox by tech in match two.

I can see picking Dake to steal 1 match but in a best of 3 Cox was going to figure out how to use his size, strength and speed. He did it in match 1 and I don't see what adjustments Dake can make.

He was deep on that shothe and Cox just ran through him.

Dake can not make any changes guys. Cox by tech in match two. I mean Dake is the as good or better wrestler than Cox Lb for Lb but it is just to much. Pretty simple. Now if this is Cael or Varner at 190 or Snyder then we have a 3-2 match in favor of Varner. But Cox would have been pretty close at 213 as well. But he is the same size as Varner. That is simply not fair to Dake. 

The size difference was truly comical. Looked lik 30 lbs and half a foot of height and reach over Dake.

Cox does look bigger, but the graphic they showed on the screen had them both listed at 5'10". 

It simply is not fair for Dake. He is the better wrestler lb for lb but dang that is just to much. Cox has wins over world champion Snyder at 213!

I didn't see anything in that match that made me think Dake was a better technical/p4p wrestler than Cox.

Enough with all the "not fair" stuff. Dake made a calculated decision to wrestle this weight. I doubt he's crying about the size difference. The match was very evenly contested until the end of the 2nd period. It wouldn't shock me if Dake found a way to win the next match. And who knows what happens in round 3 if it gets that far. 

Absolutely.  While the other guys are cutting much less weight (or none), Cox is busting his butt to make 86kg.  If he wins it's because he's earned it, not because his size gives him an unfair advantage.  And he's absolutely our best bet to qualify and get a medal.

Absolutely.  While the other guys are cutting much less weight (or none), Cox is busting his butt to make 86kg.  If he wins it's because he's earned it, not because his size gives him an unfair advantage.  And he's absolutely our best bet to qualify and get a medal.

I think Perry was too, but Dake eaked that out.  I'd be surprised if he eaks out two in a row, but then again I wouldn't be surprised.  

Dake can not make any changes guys. Cox by tech in match two. I mean Dake is the as good or better wrestler than Cox Lb for Lb but it is just to much. Pretty simple. Now if this is Cael or Varner at 190 or Snyder then we have a 3-2 match in favor of Varner. But Cox would have been pretty close at 213 as well. But he is the same size as Varner. That is simply not fair to Dake. 

Not fair?  No one told Dake to run from Burroughs.   It was his decision to enter the big boys weight class and we're seeing what happens when you make those types of decisions.   Down a weight class he had a chance.   Up a weight, even Taylor is reeling him in now.   

Cox by technical superiority 

Not fair?  No one told Dake to run from Burroughs.   It was his decision to enter the big boys weight class and we're seeing what happens when you make those types of decisions.   Down a weight class he had a chance.   Up a weight, even Taylor is reeling him in now.   

Great call.

Can someone break down match 2?  I don't have the subscription for NBC Sports so I'm just following on Twitter and Track.  

Cox draws first blood with a low single to double changeover, puts Dake in the JO/Stieber position. Dake sticks to a chest wrap while on his butt, hips in and flips Cox for 2. Cox immediately reverses for 1. 3-2 Cox.

Round 2, Dake gets put on the shot clock. Hits a sweet hi-c/duck attack that ends with a TD out of bounds. 4-3.

Cox looks to push Dake out for the win but steps out in the closing seconds. Dake now up 5-3. Dake then holds Cox off for about 15 secs.

Kid Dyamite wins.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Dake is just darn lucky these trials weren't a month or two from now. At the current "reel him in" rate Taylor will be 4 or 5 points better than Dake by then.  By next Christmas it will consistently be Taylor over Dake by tech in the first round each time they meet thereafter. Dake should just retire now.