Perry

Team Rio

Dan Dennis

Frank Molinaro

Jordan Burroughs

J'Den Cox

Kyle Snyder

Tervel Dlagnev

Not a bad team. I'm excited to see what Dennis, Molinaro and Cox can bring. Can we qualify at 65/86? What do you all think our chances of bringing home medals are? I can see medals at 74, 97 and 125 with an outside shot at 57. How huge would it be if both Cox and Snyder found a way to get an olympic medal. Has there ever been a time when two college athletes both won an olympic medal in the US? Now that would be incredible.

seeing what Bonne did to Ramos, i think Dennis is bigger and stronger. Cox shut it down, can't in Rio. Tervel looked in shape. Molinaro wow, get the shot going more often. Snyder the Olympic favorite. Burroughs the Olympic favorite, that lace was tight.

Not the team I expected. Three spots had prohibitive favorites, who all delivered. The other three were up for grabs:

Dennis is a great story.

I think Cox gives us a decent "full-sized" 86, rather than run-away 74s.

Molinaro had a great tournament, but I think most would have to admit that he is, at best, the 3rd or 4th best option for the USA (behind Oliver, Pico, Stieber, even Metcalf). Is Frank even the best 65 in his own club (Zain / Gomez)? Hump and Kennedy have the unfortunate circumstance of being tweeners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

I think J'Den is the true future of this weight for the US at least through 2020. I'd rather see him get the experience and I can see him surprise some people. He is a freak athlete and with a few months to focus on free I'm excited to see what he can bring. I agree I think J'Den is a true 86'er and I'd rather see that than the would be 74's at 86.

Dan Dennis

Frank Molinaro

Jordan Burroughs

J'Den Cox

Kyle Snyder

Tervel Dlagnev

Not a bad team. I'm excited to see what Dennis, Molinaro and Cox can bring. Can we qualify at 65/86? What do you all think our chances of bringing home medals are? I can see medals at 74, 97 and 125 with an outside shot at 57. How huge would it be if both Cox and Snyder found a way to get an olympic medal. Has there ever been a time when two college athletes both won an olympic medal in the US? Now that would be incredible.

Cox and Molinaro have to qualify their weights. Still dicey.  

seeing what Bonne did to Ramos, i think Dennis is bigger and stronger. Cox shut it down, can't in Rio. Tervel looked in shape. Molinaro wow, get the shot going more often. Snyder the Olympic favorite. Burroughs the Olympic favorite, that lace was tight.

Snyder's the Olympic favorite?   Could he even make the Russian trials, final?  

Dennis looks really good.   With a favorable draw, he can get a medal.   He's a top 10 guy who could deliver with a break or two.   

Molinaro will have a very tall order in qualifying the weight class.  I'm not convinced he will be in Rio

Burroughs should cruise to the Olympic title

Cox has to qualify the weight  before he gets to be part of the Rio team, but I like his chances.   It would be foolish to expect a medal here.   

Snyder - top 5 in the world, and fortunately Russia only sends 1 of their monsters at this weight class.   Snyder got beat in consecutive tournaments when he traveled intentionally this spring, and in Rio he's liable to have Yazdani and the Azerbaijani.   Not an easy road.   Bronze for Snyder.  

Dlegnav is a war horse.  Love this guy.   Top 5, would love a Gold, but that's not in the cards.  Bronze is my hope.