Sign in to follow this  
greco_gilligan

Iowa's New Recruiting Video

I respect his honesty. There is a point when professionalism and handling things in house goes out the window and this seems to be that point as, if true, that is bad. I look at our lineup and some of the winner, Dennis included, and I just don't see that giving us the best chance to win. Ramos wins repeatedly only to lose the final go around and now loses the chance. Tough... very tough deal and it is even worse if what he is saying is factual. I personally believe him as Ramos has always come off as a straight shooter. 

Nice Virginia Tech mention...haha

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out as Ramos is out the door.  Like Ramos said, Dennis was pretty close to going to Blacksburg with Zadick and St. John and ended up getting a great offer in the 23rd hour. 

Nice Virginia Tech mention...haha

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out as Ramos is out the door.  Like Ramos said, Dennis was pretty close to going to Blacksburg with Zadick and St. John and ended up getting a great offer in the 23rd hour. 

If I'm Storniolo, I've already reached out to Tony. Wonder if Illinois has room?

Also, wonder what drove Brands to make that offer to Dennis. Best wishes, middle finger to VT, a mix of the two?

Also, wonder what drove Brands to make that offer to Dennis. Best wishes, middle finger to VT, a mix of the two?

With Brands, it is probably a middle finger to VT...which is kind of strange....never would have expected such hostility towards a school that had the goods on a coach for recruiting kids to new school (current and recruits) while still getting paid while still on the payroll of the "old" school.  

I respect his honesty. There is a point when professionalism and handling things in house goes out the window and this seems to be that point as, if true, that is bad. I look at our lineup and some of the winner, Dennis included, and I just don't see that giving us the best chance to win. Ramos wins repeatedly only to lose the final go around and now loses the chance. Tough... very tough deal and it is even worse if what he is saying is factual. I personally believe him as Ramos has always come off as a straight shooter. 

Personally, if I'm picking the guy it is Nahshon Garrett.  

I'll take guys that can score points over guys that don't shoot until they have to any day.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/966258-ramos-feels-betrayed-by-iowa

This has got to hurt them with recruits.

I don't think so.  Ramos has been known to let emotions override logic and consideration.  It's part of the reason that fans love him. 

There are reasons to criticize the Iowa program, but the integrity of the leaders isn't one of them.  Any recruit who is worried that Tom is a snake need only talk to all of the other wrestlers in the program.  To me, what Tom did to Tony (if there is any truth in Tony's claim) isn't anything compared to Kyle getting persuaded to wrestle the NCAA season.  If I was a wrestler with Olympic aspirations, that would be a red flag for me.

With Brands, it is probably a middle finger to VT...which is kind of strange....never would have expected such hostility towards a school that had the goods on a coach for recruiting kids to new school (current and recruits) while still getting paid while still on the payroll of the "old" school.

I don't think so.

If you read the Dennis feature on Hawkcentral, you'll realize Tom text messages Dennis tree times immediately after the new rules came out, asking him to come back because the new rules favored Dennis's style. Tom was right. He has been trying to recruit Dennis back for years.

Classy post.  I especially like the topic title.  And I am called a troll for anything I post even remotely involving PSU...............

You are called a troll because instead of posting neutral posts, all of your posts have an anti PSU and Cael agenda.

This was a low blow for sure.

The hell it was:  Tony felt betrayed, and he said so.  End of story.  

Tony explained very clearly what happened, while Tom NEVER addressed the fact that he was in Dan's corner 

when the finals happened.

Ok, so what happens with Ramos now? Does he just flat out refuse to go to Rio(he did qualify for the national team) and be Dennis' training partner and Alan Waters steps in along with Graff?

In the last few years the coaches have become more open to the World Team Memeber choosing their workout partner as compared to it being suggested you train with the #2 guy. It often makes for a much more willing drill partner and far less concern of one guy going after the other. I'm guessing the same will continue. So while Dennis and Ramos will be invited to the training center camps they don't necessarily have to train with each other, nor does Ramos have to make the trip to Rio to workout with Dennis. Even if something happened to Dennis in Rio before the competition their would be no guarantee the UWW would accept Ramos as the replacement as compared to another countries wrestler who just missed qualifying. We saw that situation play out somewhat with Zaddicks weight in Bejing which allowed him in (though that was way odd of a series of circumstances). So take the alternate often isn't useful unless you know for sure the main guy may likely be out.

Edited by MadMardigain

The top guy chooses his partner.  It often times isn't even one of the 3 that qualified for the National team.  Also, that is what can make things goofier if the #1 gets hurt close to the actual wrestling date.  The alternate(if they even get one) is most likely the training partner.  At least that is how it used to be..........

Gosh, I can't help but notice there are a bunch more people loving Tony Ramos all of a sudden and standing up for him. Weird.

I will go on record saying he is whinny sore loser who was deflecting his loss on others.

Brand was not in any corner and Ramos cannot expect to be the only guy for the Hawkeye club at his weight.

What took place was no different then any wrestle off or when two guys from the same school/club face each other. The coach does his best to remain equal for both.

Ramos acting like this is a joke. A good question would be if he would have said the same thing if he had won??

I don't think so, and that is why he is a cry baby.

I will go on record saying he is whinny sore loser who was deflecting his loss on others.

Brand was not in any corner and Ramos cannot expect to be the only guy for the Hawkeye club at his weight.

What took place was no different then any wrestle off or when two guys from the same school/club face each other. The coach does his best to remain equal for both.

Ramos acting like this is a joke. A good question would be if he would have said the same thing if he had won??

I don't think so, and that is why he is a cry baby.

Then don't lie and say you will be in his corner.