Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Kudos to Tony Ramos!

We've discussed it here, about how the HWC has really left a bad taste in the mouth of the fan base, and with the wrestling community in general.   We've seen time and time again, the dysfunction, the classlessness, the inhuman approach, and diminishing return on investment.   It's been a tough year from Brand sand Iowa, and with Brent hanging it up, the pieces begin to leave and disappear from Iowa City.   

Tony Ramos is someone I like and a kid I've gotten behind for a few years now.   I picked him to win the spot, and he reached the final.   He won some tough bouts, and he really gave himself a shot at winning.   But he was betrayed.   he was lied to.   He was stabbed in the back!  And what a response he gave tonight, to stand up to the staff and to reveal what's really been going on.   He has all my support and I wish him the best.   I wish Dennis the best as well and I really hope they can fix things in Iowa.   That program although fading, remains important to the growth of wrestling in the USA.  

We're u at the OTTs Cletus? I was there... Just wondering because Carver Arena went BANANAS when Dennis won that 2nd match vs Tony. That paired with testimonials from various fans I spoke with prior to their finals match, many Iowans wanted Tony out and Dennis in. Im just pointing this out as i dont believe the Iowa faithful have a bad taste in their mouth at all...just the Tony faithful. You will see once they rally around Tom and dismiss Tony here in the near future.

There was nothing wrong with what Tom did. Most clubs have multiple top talents chasing the same goals. If ur truly the top guy, prove it and beat everyone. Just don't make excuses and throw stones when it doesn't happen.

Its gotta really hurt when the whole arena that was loyal   for many years applauds his opponent!   Yanked the rug from under him  .  A good learning experience in his  much needed path to maturity.

We're u at the OTTs Cletus? I was there... Just wondering because Carver Arena went BANANAS when Dennis won that 2nd match vs Tony. That paired with testimonials from various fans I spoke with prior to their finals match, many Iowans wanted Tony out and Dennis in. Im just pointing this out as i dont believe the Iowa faithful have a bad taste in their mouth at all...just the Tony faithful. You will see once they rally around Tom and dismiss Tony here in the near future.

There was nothing wrong with what Tom did. Most clubs have multiple top talents chasing the same goals. If ur truly the top guy, prove it and beat everyone. Just don't make excuses and throw stones when it doesn't happen.

I left after Brent was eliminated.    

I'm aware the fan base turned their back on Ramos, I saw it Friday and Saturday.     Of course I'm speaking of those who didn't stick a knife in his back.   Even on this board many of his guys turned on him.    

I left the Tony fan club when he made the broke him signal towards Koll after his match with Nashon Garrett.  I was rooting hard for Tony but he wasn't the better wrestler in that match.  Tony was extremely fortunate to have gotten that call then acts like HE broke NG in two.  Classless.  He should have listened to the interview that Dlegnav gave the previous night, wrestling has a way of humbling people -- and he got humbled big time.

I left the Tony fan club when he made the broke him signal towards Koll after his match with Nashon Garrett.  I was rooting hard for Tony but he wasn't the better wrestler in that match.  Tony was extremely fortunate to have gotten that call then acts like HE broke NG in two.  Classless.  He should have listened to the interview that Dlegnav gave the previous night, wrestling has a way of humbling people -- and he got humbled big time.

Maybe he should have received some coaching after that...instead, his coach was too busy being in two corners to mentor and coach him in the biggest match of his career.  

I think Ramos would have more fans if he didn't wrestle like a 57kg version of Zack Rey, and if he had a little more humility and maturity with in and around match tactics. He is always irritable during matches and it turns people off. However he is usually fine when being interviewed outside of a match. This interview yesterday was obviously different. It also doesn't help him that Daniel Dennis has an incredible story that makes everyone, even Iowa haters love him, and that he is one of the most humbled and relaxed people in the sport, and perhaps most importantly he has a ton of offense and is exciting for people to watch and cheer for. It's always been my opinion that wrestlers should know fans will have allegiances and cheer for your opponents sometimes. I think you either have to ignore it and just be you, or do what you can to win more fans. Tony's approach has been to be hostile to the fans, it's understandable but I think the wrong way to go.

Maybe he should have received some coaching after that...instead, his coach was too busy being in two corners to mentor and coach him in the biggest match of his career.  

His coach - you mean Terry -- the guy Tony says is "the man".    Please stop enabling TR and his faults.

And you mean a coach would be in the corners of others guys that he coaches during the biggest matches of their careers.  How horrible of the HWC coaches, they should leave everybody else to train themselves and talk only to TR.  I hope that reads as stupid as its mean to be.

Edited by Ultraflex

His coach - you mean Terry -- the guy Tony says is "the man".    Please stop enabling TR and his faults.

And you mean a coach would be in the corners of others guys that he coaches during the biggest matches of their careers.  How horrible of the HWC coaches, they should leave everybody else to train themselves and talk only to TR.  I hope that reads as stupid as its mean to be.

Ramos said that Tom agreed to be in his corner and Tom agreed that Ramos wasn't lying.   I am not sure how sitting in the middle of the mat is considered "in your corner" but then again, "Orange" is the new black with Tom Brands.

Deniel looked good in Ivan Yarygin 2016

He did, indeed.  He looked great yesterday.    Dennis could get into a medal bout in Rio, he's been wrestling really well.  I now begin to look forward to the inevitable Dennis/Ramos rivalry and where will Ramos go from here?  Does he pull a Mocco and seek out John Smith, in order to get him over the hump?  Or perhaps Jones down at ASU?  Illinois is looking pretty good, too.     Ramos dumping Iowa just injected a ton of excitement for next season.