Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Ramos giving a radio interview now

Good riddance. I don't think getting Dennis was going out and recruiting. He was a member of HWC. I'm sure everyone just wants a malcontent in their club. Blames Morningstar? For having lunch with a former teammate? Seems he didn't have a problem with anyone when he was spewing the list of people he had taken out. Needs to grow up!

Good riddance. I don't think getting Dennis was going out and recruiting. He was a member of HWC. 

Read the Dennis story, he says it himself.    Brands was actively recruiting him and really wanted him back.  He specifically called to tell him the rules had changed and he felt Dennis could really do well, at HWC.    Call it what you need to in order to fit your narrative, but you're not convincing anyone who is actually informed, that it wasn't recruiting.   

who cares if it is recruiting?

his results this past weekend justify whatever was done to get dennis and retain him at HWC... everyone who has an issue with it might just need to go wash the sand out...

Ramos does, LJB.   Read this topic from the beginning.   This is about Ramos and his feelings about the recruitment of Dennis.   Haven't you been paying attention?   Listen to the Ramos interview and then read the Dennis article.   It's all there, but you have to look.  

I think if Tom would have just been in the corner, Tony would not have said anything.  Tony made note and decided to penalize him for it at the press conference.  People would have more empathy though if he didn't do the "I broke Garrett" gesture and then lay into the media for having the nerve to pick others than him to win.  

Ramos needs to grow up... 

and piggie, if you think his side of the story is the only one that is relevant here (and it seems you do which fits your agenda perfectly) then you need to do some growing up as well...

Ramos needs to grow up... 

and piggie, if you think his side of the story is the only one that is relevant here (and it seems you do which fits your agenda perfectly) then you need to do some growing up as well...

Well I referenced Dennis side of the story (the recruitment) and we also have Brands side (I was in his corner figuratively).    We take all 3 and we get a picture of what the issues are.   I may indeed need to grow up, no argument there.   Coming form you, that sort of hurts my feelings.  

Read the Dennis story, he says it himself. Brands was actively recruiting him and really wanted him back. He specifically called to tell him the rules had changed and he felt Dennis could really do well, at HWC. Call it what you need to in order to fit your narrative, but you're not convincing anyone who is actually informed, that it wasn't recruiting.

the rules changed before ramos made a world team, I don't know how relevant that one is. but if tony feels he would be better off if he leaves then thats what he should do. Perhaps he could learn some offense if he does. or even counter offense. It seems all he can do is head club.

Edited by newyorkwrestler

dennis was also a top contender at 61kg before the olympic year. also, ramos claims brands recruited dennis to take his spot, how did brands know what weight he would wrestle at? he had been off the mat for a long time, he could have been much bigger. i highly doubt  rio was on brands mind for dennis. He prob just thought dennis could do well and wanted him back in the room for a ton of reasons. 

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Seems Tom Brands cared enough about Daniel Dennis' life to bring him in out of the cold  ( ok, California heat), out of living in the truck/trailer, and back to take care of unfinished business. You would think that Tony would have been glad his friend and teammate could have that opportunity.

Daniel Dennis is family at Iowa, as is Ramos. Tony should have dealt with that and let the best man win. At least he had the opportunity. At least he is on the Olympic Team roster as alternate. What if some injury happens to Dennis?

Will Tony be mentally ready?  

Now, Tony will have to chew on crow until he swallows it and makes peace.

Ramos should have talked to Brands first before just going off.  What Ramos did was very immature while Brands handled is interview with class after as he says he was ambushed.  There are two sides to every story and I bet the truth is somewhere in between what is being known by us through the internet.

Edited by Alwayswrestling

.... watched Tony, after the first "best of 3" loss, stop dead in his tracks- matside- and sign autographs for a group of young fans- he badly wanted go somewhere private and collect his thoughts, but he stopped for those kids.....  that was awesome......

I believe he did the same thing after his loss to Stieber in the NCAA finals.  Says a lot.

Read the Dennis story, he says it himself. Brands was actively recruiting him and really wanted him back. He specifically called to tell him the rules had changed and he felt Dennis could really do well, at HWC. Call it what you need to in order to fit your narrative, but you're not convincing anyone who is actually informed, that it wasn't recruiting.

Crybaby made the comparison on how Metcalf would feel bringing in molinaro and how burroughs would feel bringing in dake or Taylor. Welcoming in a prior team member is not the same...if he can't see that ...then he is making the right choice. He overestimated his worth. He is a graduate just like Dennis. Just proves to me Brands made the right choice.

Crybaby made the comparison on how Metcalf would feel bringing in molinaro and how burroughs would feel bringing in dake or Taylor. Welcoming in a prior team member is not the same...if he can't see that ...then he is making the right choice. He overestimated his worth. He is a graduate just like Dennis. Just proves to me Brands made the right choice.

That's great. As long as you understand the recruitment aspect now, and so long as Brands has proven the above to you, you should sleep better at night.  

Im not a Brands fan or an Iowa fan.  Doesn't surprise me if he did lie-  Its their club they can run it as they please.  Apparently someone was holding a gun to Ramos to make him stay, now that's against the law.

I do sleep well know the little diva will not be representing my country in Rio.