Sign in to follow this  
Axe_Spartan

Doubt about par terre position rule in Freestyle wrestling

How long have you been following international wrestling?

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

it's clear you have an agenda here... i get it, but, don't expect me to feed it

I really don't get this rule, the bottom wrestler is already in a disadvantageous position, why in the first place should he be limitited on what he does to defend a turn? The bottom wrestler should be able to turtle, to fight hands, to cross legs, to close down his elbows.

rules is rules... and these rules lead to exciting wrestling... every takedown matters because the match could be decided right then and there... you have to have good par terre defense... defending a gut is a thing of beauty which makes actually gutting somebody beautiful as well...

replace gut with lace and wash rinse repeat

rules is rules... and these rules lead to exciting wrestling... every takedown matters because the match could be decided right then and there... you have to have good par terre defense... defending a gut is a thing of beauty which makes actually gutting somebody beautiful as well...

replace gut with lace and wash rinse repeat

I would trade this exciting for "not limit the bottom wrestler" any day of the week. In this sense I prefer folkstyle, not limiting the bottom wrestler, who is already in disadvantage.

I really don't get this rule, the bottom wrestler is already in a disadvantageous position, why in the first place should he be limitited on what he does to defend a turn? The bottom wrestler should be able to turtle, to fight hands, to cross legs, to close down his elbows.

So there are some actual turns.