Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Beach wrestling

Is it time to change folkstyle rules to strengthen our Beach Wrestling program?  The USA currently lags far behind the world in this style.  With the 2016 World Beach Wrestling championship approaching in June it's time to start thinking progressively about rule changes.  Plus it would be an inexpensive fix for schools to install large sandboxes as practice areas. 

no singlets

no mat (sand) wrestling

a pushout rule.

While I laughed aloud at the sarcasm, I imagine some fans would love this.  

And at the beach people are more at ease with exposed bodies, hence the women pushing the heavyweight limit yet still confident enough to wear a two piece.  I vote on a weight limit that keeps them out of greco gilligan's photo. 

And look at the scoring rules, so easy to follow.

very simple rules: to win the match, the wrestler needs to score three points by using these following actions: bring his opponent to the ground (1 point), push him out of the circle (1 point) or expose his opponent’s shoulders on the ground during a takedown (2 points).

No controversial calls about whether a hold was or wasn't correctly applied without securing control or explaining what an irregular hold is.