Sign in to follow this  
nom

RTCs -- big guns that they bring in

I know your just a troll but here are some facts for those who might be interested.

The HWC is not a regional training center and it's a small club. But the coaching staff has three USA Wrestling Freestyle coaches of the year (McCann Award) on staff - Tom Brands (McCann winner 2002 & 2003), Terry Brands (2014 coach of the year) and Mike Duroe (2005 McCann winner). 

The HWC has placed five wrestlers on the USA team since the Brands arrived - Schwab (x2), M. Zadick, Metcalf (x4), Ramos (x2), and Dennis.

The NLWC has placed three on the USA team - Varner (x3), Ruth, and Molinaro. Cael was honored with the McCann award in 2012.

ORTC has trained many more team members than the NLWC. Rossilli is a multiple USA wrestling coach of the year recipient.

Keep laughing at the HWC. Laugh at ORTC too. Remember, you got to make the team to win a medal so the NLWC needs to step it up.

Yes, that is exactly the point.  HWC is a small club.  It's laughable to compare the full time wrestlers of it, plus the associated NCAA team to that of the NLWC or ORTC or CK/Michigan RTC.

The coaching is just as good.  But you are missing the point and bringing up history is just straw man.  Discussion is current.  And currently you can't compare the HWC to these RTCs.  Not the same animal.

Yes, that is exactly the point.  HWC is a small club.  It's laughable to compare the full time wrestlers of it, plus the associated NCAA team to that of the NLWC or ORTC or CK/Michigan RTC.

The coaching is just as good.  But you are missing the point and bringing up history is just straw man.  Discussion is current.  And currently you can't compare the HWC to these RTCs.  Not the same animal.

What?? I'm responding to other posters that are making such comparisons and that are bringing up history. I don't understand your post.

I know your just a troll but here are some facts for those who might be interested.

The HWC is not a regional training center and it's a small club. But the coaching staff has three USA Wrestling Freestyle coaches of the year (McCann Award) on staff - Tom Brands (McCann winner 2002 & 2003), Terry Brands (2014 coach of the year) and Mike Duroe (2005 McCann winner). 

The HWC has placed five wrestlers on the USA team since the Brands arrived - Schwab (x2), M. Zadick, Metcalf (x4), Ramos (x2), and Dennis.

The NLWC has placed three on the USA team - Varner (x3), Ruth, and Molinaro. Cael was honored with the McCann award in 2012.

ORTC has trained many more team members than the NLWC. Rossilli is a multiple USA wrestling coach of the year recipient.

Keep laughing at the HWC. Laugh at ORTC too. Remember, you got to make the team to win a medal so the NLWC needs to step it up.

Iowa has a very nice, small club, over there   Absolutely no question about that.  But this discussion is about top training center.   Of course we don't expect Iowa's small club to out perform the NLWC or ORTC.   I'm with you on this.   

Iowa has a very nice, small club, over there   Absolutely no question about that.  But this discussion is about top training center.   Of course we don't expect Iowa's small club to out perform the NLWC or ORTC.   I'm with you on this.   

Nice comment but why is it that I just felt the need to check if my wallet was still in my pants. Thanks anyways.