Sign in to follow this  
dabrockster

Prayers for Mark Scultz

Just received this news through my FB feed:

Doctors remain puzzled as to what is causing the infection around the spine of Olympic Gold Medalist Mark Schultz. Now going on his 12th day in hospital, Mark and his medical team remain concerned as the infection has traveled up his spine to his brain stem. I've known Mark since he was in high school I request your support through your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: was informed this morning that the infection was due to a surgery he had, but they were able to get it under control. It did in fact reach his brain stem but he is recovering.

However still keep him in your prayers.

Mark is one tough Hombre..

Hello again. I am so glad too see that Mark is mounting a rally.

Does anyone know if this is a blood infection/poisoning, by the name Septicemia ?

Hey Denny!! It has been a long time. You still making trips out for the NCAA's?

As for what infection Mark had, I do not know what type of infection it was or the name. Sorry. Are you familiar with that type of infection?

Hey Denny!! It has been a long time. You still making trips out for the NCAA's?

As for what infection Mark had, I do not know what type of infection it was or the name. Sorry. Are you familiar with that type of infection?

Yep, it has been awhile. We do miss you Brock. I go to the tourneys……….probably not as much as (I did) a decade ago. But (the word however is sooo overused)…..I asked about the blood infection because, I too, had an experience with a nasty ass  blood infection, called Septicemia. It is a tough/hard to beat sickness. The hospital staff referred to Septicemia as the grandaddy of all blood infections.

I had surgery at the VA. Contracted Septicemia in surgery -then- spent the next 4 wks on my back. Then two more wks in the hospital rehab facility. Six wks altogether. The med folks 'dumped' mega doses of antibiotics throughout my body 24/7. Nothing was working. On about the 3rd day of the treatment, the docs came to advise that I was a "very sick man". I began to pray after a doc told me that I had Septicemia. A priest was in my room to give last rights. Lost 38 pounds in 4 wks. Yo, I could have made weight. When I finally did go home, my bud Elmo rolled along with me. Elmo, is a 'poll on wheels'. At the very top of Elmo, 7.5 feet from the floor, sat a big plastic bag, filled with antibiotics (and a needle for 'labs'). Oh those labs. The docs would not let me go home until those labs indicated that I was free of all infection.  

So, here I am. Two years later, walkin' strong again. In the gym (5 days a wk)……. playing softball at the ole ball yard. And, goin' yard, tooo. I am deeply grateful, and happy to be here writing to you. You are, indeed, one of the really good guys in our wonderful  sport of wrestling. 

Edited by denny