maligned

Mongolia Day 3 (men's freestyle)...draw & discussion

The most impressive thing about today from my view wasn't the result...It's what he's showing of his skillset in the matches.  J'den is just so comfortable in essentially every position he is put into and seems to find ways to wrestle through/out of them.  When he needs points, he puts together multiple attacks and can get to the single leg.  And physically, he's the first guy we have had in a while who won't be overmatched by the top guys at the weight.  I'm not saying he is near the level of Sadulaev yet, but he looks like a natural freestyler...Definitely a chance to medal with the right draw.  

BS.

He got hosed.  Gor never took a shot, it was bs that they put Frank on the clock, then the "push out" was bs, and then the "takedown"on top of THAT was bs.  Also, Frank had a push out just before his final take down that the ref ALSO didn't award.

He got robbed, straight up.

If you believe all that, you need to take a refresher course on freestyle scoring. 

We all wanted Frank to win, out he lost.   He got out wrestled, plain and simple.  Next time you're at the kids wrestling class, ask about the scoring rules. 

cox today looked great. He is by no means a medal threat level guy yet, but maybe that can change come rio, i like his chances to maybe sneak in a bronze. unfortunetly the P4P best is at his weight Right now so gold will be out of the question till 2017 when saduallaev moves up

Karimi teched the guy cox just beat 11-0 at worlds so let's not get carried away

He's the underdog for sure against any of the medalists, but everyone other than Sadulaev is beatable.  The Ref really impacted this match....If UZB had been put on the clock as he should have been, he may have had to open up.

Holy **** he looks good. Does anybody think that anybody else we had would be doing this well? And conserving energy not wrestling too long

I can see Taylor with this type of a run.   86 kg is just so weak domestically, Cox absolutely stands out, head and shoulders in the international scene, relative to what our other guys can do.   Perry is another one who stands out.  

Well I think Frank was a little too cautious early on. The Turk did not really do much offensively, hopefully Frank learns from this and wrestles with a little more dominance here in a couple of weeks. As far as Cox was concerned, he looked really smooth. ( Not counting his finals match which as I type this hasn't happened yet ), but I was impressed with his performance.