maligned

Mongolia Day 3 (men's freestyle)...draw & discussion

21guns, the TD call was iffy.  But Frank didn't have a push out, I don't think.  The Turk was on his knees, wisely, and Frank pushed back while the Turk was sliding on his knees.  I think this is what you were talking about.  And I believe, if on knees, not a push out.

BS.

He got hosed.  Gor never took a shot, it was bs that they put Frank on the clock, then the "push out" was bs, and then the "takedown"on top of THAT was bs.  Also, Frank had a push out just before his final take down that the ref ALSO didn't award.

He got robbed, straight up.

This all may be so, but Frank didn't create any action and created the vulnerability that allowed himself to be screwed. This is the way it is.

BS.

He got hosed.  Gor never took a shot, it was bs that they put Frank on the clock, then the "push out" was bs, and then the "takedown"on top of THAT was bs.  Also, Frank had a push out just before his final take down that the ref ALSO didn't award.

He got robbed, straight up.

Do you watch a lot of international wrestling?  That last "pushout" never gets called, since both wrestlers were on the mat.  I understand why you're angry...We all want him to win.  The fact of the matter is that he didn't get robbed in that match.  He ran into a really great wrestler (2 world medals at 70kg) and got outwrestled.  I think the consensus here is that he actually did very well considering the circumstances.  It was a winnable match, while we probably expected it to not be very close going in.  He really showed a lot of offense once he was down. We all knew this weight was going to be a huge challenge to qualify.

Also, my opinion is that those two points could have been called either way.  It's far from the worst call that i've ever seen from an international ref.  In the US, that's going to be called 1 point 90% of the time...We're in mongolia though.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

21guns, the TD call was iffy.  But Frank didn't have a push out, I don't think.  The Turk was on his knees, wisely, and Frank pushed back while the Turk was sliding on his knees.  I think this is what you were talking about.  And I believe, if on knees, not a push out.

Gor's takedown certainly was iffy. Handful of singlet, gave Frank a gigantic wedgie.

https://twitter.com/CPyles8/status/724057958439608320

Cgxe4B4WkAAdM6Y.jpg

Edited by Jefe

again excuse my freestyle ignorance. Why is it one half of the bracket only has 11 guys and the other has 16?

They add people into the bracket one side at a time instead of making it even.  They say this is so people have similar rest (limit the number of byes), but really it is to allow weaker countries to get medals.  

J'Den is going to maul this guy ................. 

Boom, 2 after a bit of a scramble, J'Den reaches out and gets hold of an ankle ... all over as he gets to the far ankle, then ...  Trapped arm.  2.  And another 2!  Nice.  

Another TD  and after a bit, WORKS A GUT!  10-0!!