maligned

Mongolia Day 3 (men's freestyle)...draw & discussion

They add people into the bracket one side at a time instead of making it even.  They say this is so people have similar rest (limit the number of byes), but really it is to allow weaker countries to get medals.  

Strange logic in my opinion.

But with that said.. I'm a huge David Taylor fan and root for him over anyone else but man Cox is looking pretty impressive and turning me into a believer! Hope he breaks through!

Thanks guys.  I might have to catch the matches on the UWW site later, assuming that they will be posted.

They'll be posted.  They started posting a link right inside the brackets(clicking on the matchup) starting with the World Championships last year in Vegas.

If Molinaro doesn't get 4 pointers, he is going to struggle

That was the difference in him winning the trials - he had the bigger move. Take that away and he loses to Stieber, Metcalf, and Pico

So it's not a real surprise.

The other thing about Molinaro - his patented takedown move looks very liable for counters. Pico had a few on him and I thought that first 2 he got at first I thought he was going to reversed.

His defense is great - but without the big moves I just don't think he can win the tight contests that is decided on technical instinct that the internationals seem to always beat us in

Beast mode.  There is a part, deep down inside, that's hoping that we are witnessing the birth of a real stud on the freestyle scene.  Yes, I was rooting for Dake but now I'm all in on J'Den.  Guys a stud.   

He definitely fits the weight perfectly and has the athleticism. Let's see if any of these guys can slow him down. 

Ok, here's something I wouldn't have thought. Here's a shockingly close match between Xenidis and Aldaltov in this year's European Championships. Final score was 9-6 but he was in there. Aldaltov is a bit over the hill and took 3rd in the Europeans but still, Cox made Xenidis look JV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBC-C_oKCU