cejudo vs Goygereev

Awesome throw from the clinch!

#62 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

Very entertaining bout.  Thank you for posting, Abdullah.   

• BadgerMon likes this

#63 pamela

pamela

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

ESPN posted an article the other day about Henry Cejudo... apparently he was in a Santa Rosa hotel when the wildfires reached the building in the middle of the night, and he had to jump out of a second story window to escape.  He made it out OK, but his Olympic medal was left behind in the fire. Hopefully it will be recovered and returned.

Cejudo is also donating his UFC bonus money to the California wildfire victims.

http://www.espn.com/...ornia-wildfires

http://www.espn.com/...ia-fire-victims

#64 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

ESPN posted an article the other day about Henry Cejudo... apparently he was in a Santa Rosa hotel when the wildfires reached the building in the middle of the night, and he had to jump out of a second story window to escape.  He made it out OK, but his Olympic medal was left behind in the fire. Hopefully it will be recovered and returned.

Cejudo is also donating his UFC bonus money to the California wildfire victims.

http://www.espn.com/...ornia-wildfires

http://www.espn.com/...ia-fire-victims

WOW.  Glad to hear he is ok.  This is reminiscent of some of Rulon's near-death experiences. Moral of the story:  Do not ignore fire alarms!

#65 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

WOW. Glad to hear he is ok. This is reminiscent of some of Rulon's near-death experiences. Moral of the story: Do not ignore fire alarms!

Wild fires are an experience, unless you have seen it, bad decisions are common. Pretty sure Henry won't make that mistake again. I have a briefcase with all important papers ready to go. Cat carrier at the ready. A leash for the dog, and know all the escape routes. They can be on you so fast. Especially if you are on the ridge of a canyon, on a slope, or in a canyon. If you smell smoke you pay attention. That comes before any warnings.

Edited by sgallan, 18 October 2017 - 12:46 PM.

• AllISeeIsBronze likes this

#66 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Either way Trip, 

You have my apology.   My comments offended you, and I apologize. 

Did you ever meet Kevin Randleman?   Sweetest guy I have ever met.   A stone cold killer/sweet as apple pie.   

He's dead now.   There is an entire generation of MMA fighters who are going to die go to prison or will be on the street, homeless, largely due to the culture. of drugs, abuse, head trauma, terrible pay or mismanagement, and mental health issues.   We're already starting to see it.    For me personally, I wish Cejudo would have stayed clear of this dirty game.   

Yes I was there when Cejudo nearly ripped Abas knee out and won the Olympic berth.    Big fan of both and happy Abas is not in MMA.   

There is always the National Felons League if you are bigger or fast with good hands.

#67 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Wild fires are an experience, unless you have seen it, bad decisions are common. Pretty sure Henry won't make that mistake again. I have a briefcase with all important papers ready to go. Cat carrier at the ready. A leash for the dog, and know all the escape routes. They can be on you so fast. Especially if you are on the ridge of a canyon, on a slope, or in a canyon. If you smell smoke you pay attention. That comes before any warnings.

Glad that I have never been in the situation Cejudo just went through.  It will be helpful when he goes around giving motivational talks again after finishing with MMA.  He can throw in a fire safety message that might be able to save lives (don't ignore fire alarms, immediately evacuate).  

#68 AllISeeIsBronze

AllISeeIsBronze
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

I live in Cali (not right now, but born and raised), and never been in a wildfire before fortunately, but they ARE scary fast in how they spread. I heard you look out to the horizon, a wildfire can look to be faint like you have time to pack and get out, and the next minute it's around you. It's incredible how far a single ember can fly off to and spread.

Cejudo also had to jump out from the 2nd floor and broke his ankle or something, and he's still on deck to fight next month. Respect!

#69 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

He's an Amerian Hero, and a fantastic example of what a great coach can bring out of an athlete.  Nice job Terry Brands!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users