Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

Rio At Large Bids

It's a pretty complicated process but wrestling will have 8 at large bids to be picked by a committee. Here is the official document on the procedure.

it was originally 4 at large and 4 reserved for the host country, but Brazil already qualified 5 the regular way so the at large pool is up to 8.

the catch is only countries that have sent less than 16 individual athletes (so not counting team sports) over the last 2 Olympics are eligible send athletes via the at large bids. Below is a link to list of eligible countries. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg6F2JbVEAAoHgn.jpg:large

Anyone know of any athletes from these countries that will be looking for a bid?

I'm hoping Asnage Castelly gets one for Haiti at 74kg MFS. I used to wrestle with Asnage when we both went to the same club in NJ. He used to wrestle for Irvington. Don't think he ever placed in the states but I know he made the district finals at least once. He has kept in much better shape than me since the 1990s!