Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Reece Humphrey Retires?

To draw any fan other than the "PURIST" fan Wrestling NEEDS more stuff like this. Regardless of if you know anything about wrestling that skit was WHOLELY entertaining. If you get enough people to see this and hopefully remember their names they may decide to follow his wrestling simply because of it.

I also agree. That was funny and really cool at the same time. Great entertainment, watching two great wrestlers do something comedic yet really athletic. The Ohio State guys seem to have a knack for that stuff.

To draw any fan other than the "PURIST" fan Wrestling NEEDS more stuff like this. Regardless of if you know anything about wrestling that skit was WHOLELY entertaining. If you get enough people to see this and hopefully remember their names they may decide to follow his wrestling simply because of it.

Indeed, "TheOhioState", during the grind of a season I think it is important to have some fun at all levels of competition. Even the great Alexander Karelin took one day a week out of his training regiment to play games on the wrestling mat (something similar to our "mat football" if I remember correctly) according to his web page. If I had one criticism of my high school coach(nobody is perfect and I have the upmost respect for him...i would not be the man I am today without him) it would be that we didn't take enough time for such things. Mental and physical burnout can ruin some wrestlers during the grind of a season. Taking one practice out of the week would not hurt anyone's conditioning,(especially of your team subscribes to the "Iowa style" like mine back in the day) and you are still breaking a sweat and getting a halfway decent workout playing mat games.