Sign in to follow this  
LemonPie

Spencer Lee registered for Vegas...

I wouldn't say it's a joke but wrestling fans want to see him a little tougher competition and that's not to say that there isn't anyone that could surprise us. You also can't fault a kid for doing what's in his best interest. 

I think it's horrible. He wrestled 120 in high school this year and last and walked through states, so he's clearly not altogether opposed. He literally teched everyone in the world last year at 50kg at the junior level. This isn't the world team trials. If he loses at 55kg he could always decide to move down for the WTT's. 

Ironically Teasdale wrestled 113 this year at PIAA states and Lee wrestled 120. Also I don't really buy that Lee wants to let Teasdale be in a different weight than him. How will Lee feel if Teasdale beats Fix?

I would assume he'd feel happy for a good friend and training partner. How do you think he would feel?

Obviously young wrestlers who take the time to fly across the country (and around the world) to wrestle, are not hiding from competition.  I'm glad he's back to defend his title and compete for the USA.  

But it's also obvious he'll have zero competition at this weight this weekend.  He could compete this weekend at 55 and then win or lose, next month still go to WTT and Worlds at 50 KG.  

I hope it's a mistake and he ends up at 55, but I also understand that him and Gavin may not want to wrestle each other if they can both potentially win it and be on the team together. As a Spencer Lee fan I was hoping to see him up a weight as well. My biggest hesitation with predicting him as the next big thing in college is his size, and wrestling at 50 kilos as both a lower and upper classman has me a little concerned. We know how good he is at 50KG (even if it's far and away the weakest class at Junior Worlds) but how does he rate against the top 55 kilo guys who are sized to move onto the senior level sooner rather than later? If nothing else I wanted to see a rematch between him and Fix :( 

I don't think Lee would be afraid to wrestle Fix, but I do wonder if he's not at least a little hesitant.. 

Ironically Teasdale wrestled 113 this year at PIAA states and Lee wrestled 120. Also I don't really buy that Lee wants to let Teasdale be in a different weight than him. How will Lee feel if Teasdale beats Fix? 

Given Teasdale is his good friend I think he'll feel pretty good for him. 

while it is a little disappointing to not see the lee v fix match up, you guys need to calm down...

this weekend means little in the grand scheme of things... trials next month will tell you his real plan...

and don't sleep on schwartz... he won the triple crown last year and pan am gold in free and greco... he isn't a chump...