Sign in to follow this  
manyak

Russian Olympic Training Camp Video

My Russian isn't great so pardon any errors

This appears to be a video of a "Olympic Regional Training Center" in Kislovad, Dagestan

Guseinov is still the head coach of Dagestan despite not being the head coach of Russia. 

You can see Sadulaev, Kudiyamagomedov, Kurugliev, Otarsultanov and other stars as well as Dagestani UFC fighter Rutsam Khabilov

I recognize some Kabardians (Makhov, Kushkhov, Geduev, Urishev, Musukaev). I wonder if any Chechens or Ingush are there. I don't see any Ossetians and they probably have their own camp.

It's a pretty long video but gives some insight into their preparation and methods.

Edited by manyak

1. The live technique and athleticism displayed in this video is filthy.

2. The wrestlers seem to be having fun during drill sessions. Almost a playful attitude.

3. The partners are really good at "play wrestling" during more intensive drilling providing real live situations for finishing.

Overall it seems like creativity is allowed and encouraged. The athletes don't seem to be "grinding" at all. Even the live goes seem less like a scrap and more technical in nature. Just my amatuer observation.

Great video. Wish I understood Russian. Well, we saw several Russians hitting beautiful fireman's for 4 over the past few seasons. Don't tell me it's going to be a crisp, nasty folkstyle headlock they showcase in Rio.

My Russian isn't great so pardon any errors

This appears to be a video of a "Olympic Regional Training Center" in Kislovad, Dagestan

Guseinov is still the head coach of Dagestan despite not being the head coach of Russia. 

You can see Sadulaev, Kudiyamagomedov, Kurugliev, Otarsultanov and other stars as well as Dagestani UFC fighter Rutsam Khabilov

I recognize some Kabardians (Makhov, Kushkhov, Geduev, Urishev, Musukaev). I wonder if any Chechens or Ingush are there. I don't see any Ossetians and they probably have their own camp.

It's a pretty long video but gives some insight into their preparation and methods.

Guseinov is not head coach of Dagestan, he just went to Camp with Makhov and Kushkhov, it his wresler, Gaidar Gaidarov and Arsen Gitinov are second head coachs of Daegstan, Guseianov is hasn't  relation to the national team of Dagestan (in this camp we see Dagestan Team, Kabardino-Balkaria and Moscow CSKA WC) at  22:24 Selim Yashar vs Sadulaev.  Also in the camp train MMA stars: Magomed "Tiger" Magomedov, Rustam Khabilov, Ayub Gimbatov, Timur Valiev

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Guseinov is not head coach of Dagestan, he just went to Camp with Makhov and Kushkhov, it his wresler, Gaidar Gaidarov and Arsen Gitinov are second head coachs of Daegstan, Guseianov is hasn't relation to the national team of Dagestan (in this camp we see Dagestan Team, Kabardino-Balkaria and Moscow CSKA WC) at 22:24 Selim Yashar vs Sadulaev. Also in the camp train MMA stars: Magomed "Tiger" Magomedov, Rustam Khabilov, Ayub Gimbatov

Can you translate the Khabilov's words? Thanks

awesome video. thanks for your posting. pretty sure I also saw Gadisov and Kurbanaliev. I skipped around a bit, but did anyone see Tsargush? 

pretty nice facilities. I wonder how the track and basketball is in Dagestan. also love how they drink small cups of hot tea after the live gos. 

I think that was Tsargush at the beginning when they went for a jog in the woods.  He heads towards the camera.

Can you translate the Khabilov's words? Thanks

Rustam Khabilov: I arrived earlier in Kislovodsk  than wrestlers of Dagestan. Them Coachs allowed me train with wrestlers. My opponent is wrestler too. The fight will be on May 8 againts Chris Wade in the Netherlands. This is my second camp, the last fight I spent one and a half months ago, a week rest and then go camp again. Three week in Khasavyurt with wrestlers (Dagfighters MMA) then came here (in Kislovodsk). Now I need to get used to the climate (acclimatization), I has been two weeks high in the mountains. The day after tomorrow I will go to home, then go to Saint Petersburg and  1 May i will go to the Netherlands. In  Saint Petersburg  will cut my weight (85 kg to 70 kg). I feel good, I spent the last fight 3 rounds (againys Norman Park), the fight was easy for me and I'm not tired in this fight. I'm better ready for this fight than the last fight. Chris Wade is amazing wrestlers, makes good throws, double leg, he's a good boxer, does choke well too. 

Sorry for my English :D 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Rustam Khabilov: I arrived earlier in Kislovodsk  than wrestlers of Dagestan. Them Coachs allowed me train with wrestlers. My opponent is wrestler too. The fight will be on May 8 againts Chris Wade in the Netherlands. This is my second camp, the last fight I spent one and a half months ago, a week rest and then go camp again. Three week in Khasavyurt with wrestlers (Dagfighters MMA) then came here (in Kislovodsk). Now I need to get used to the climate (acclimatization), I has been two weeks high in the mountains. The day after tomorrow I will go to home, then go to Saint Petersburg and  1 May i will go to the Netherlands. In  Saint Petersburg  will cut my weight (85 kg to 70 kg). I feel good, I spent the last fight 3 rounds (againys Norman Park), the fight was easy for me and I'm not tired in this fight. I'm better ready for this fight than the last fight. Chris Wade is amazing wrestlers, makes good throws, double leg, he's a good boxer, does choke well too. 

Very good translation... we tease you about your English sometimes because you tease us so much about being fat, but you're getting much stronger.  Thanks for translating!

15 kilo cut...ouch!