Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

I really enjoyed the Myles Martin era

Zahid smashes Martin 7-0 then says "I wasn't worried about his title." Looks like this Buckeye's illustrious career is over before his first year of college.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/975470-84-kg-final-myles-martin-blue-vs-zahid-valencia-red

but he already had his first year of college wrestling...and he won an ncaa title...

First of all congrats to Myles on his NCAA championship but lets not act like he wasn't gifted the finals by Weatherperson destroying the bottom half of the bracket and the fact the Bo was controlling the match and Myles won of Bo's throw. 174 was not an impressive weight this year and it was a Freestyle match while I still believe Zahid wins the folkstyle match. Then again maybe I'm salty because a buckeye won a national title who knows.

First of all congrats to Myles on his NCAA championship but lets not act like he wasn't gifted the finals by Weatherperson destroying the bottom half of the bracket and the fact the Bo was controlling the match and Myles won of Bo's throw. 

I must have missed this somehow - but why wasn't Bo at UWW Nationals?

I must have missed this somehow - but why wasn't Bo at UWW Nationals?

I don't know his age, but I know that a lot of Soph/RS Freshman tend to be too old for UWW Juniors. That could be the case, or perhaps he is finishing exams.

First of all congrats to Myles on his NCAA championship but lets not act like he wasn't gifted the finals by Weatherperson destroying the bottom half of the bracket and the fact the Bo was controlling the match and Myles won of Bo's throw. 174 was not an impressive weight this year and it was a Freestyle match while I still believe Zahid wins the folkstyle match. Then again maybe I'm salty because a buckeye won a national title who knows.

This...

Bo needs to stop the circus throws, both of his losses come from those throws.

sounds like you're salty

Bo didn't get caught on his back from his throw, he had an underhook and tried a far ankle pick while Martin had a over/under body luck and used the momentum to throw Nickal to his back.  Thats how it looked from my perspective. I think Nickal is the better wrestler, but he definitely didn't gift Martin the win like he did Jackson in the dual meet. He just wrestled sloppy and got beat on the biggest stage IMO.  I think we'll see a few rematches in the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons up at 184, maybe even in the finals. 

I don't know his age, but I know that a lot of Soph/RS Freshman tend to be too old for UWW Juniors. That could be the case, or perhaps he is finishing exams.

He's not too old. Hopefully just finishing up exams and we'll see him at the trials.

Bo didn't get caught on his back from his throw, he had an underhook and tried a far ankle pick while Martin had a over/under body luck and used the momentum to throw Nickal to his back.  Thats how it looked from my perspective. I think Nickal is the better wrestler, but he definitely didn't gift Martin the win like he did Jackson in the dual meet. He just wrestled sloppy and got beat on the biggest stage IMO.  I think we'll see a few rematches in the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons up at 184, maybe even in the finals. 

Two great wrestlers. Myles won the mental game in the finals.

Zahid smashes Martin 7-0 then says "I wasn't worried about his title." Looks like this Buckeye's illustrious career is over before his first year of college.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/975470-84-kg-final-myles-martin-blue-vs-zahid-valencia-red

I suspect that Zahid would prefer that you said good things about the opponents he conquers rather than put them down.

Valencia outclassed Martin, no question, and he's been doing it for some time now, across different years, weights, and styles..    Martin won his NCAA championship, and no amount of consecutive beatings, that Valencia puts on him, is going to change that.   The Martin era is alive and well, he just can't beat Zahid.   Now lets see if Zahid can do that against the rest of the NCAA field.   My guess is yes.