Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

I really enjoyed the Myles Martin era

Zahid could very well be at 174 next season according to flo guys he's not actually that big at all for 184 a weight we could see Myles move to

Zahid vs BoJo would definitely be an interesting matchup that I would be excited to watch. 

Martin is the NCAA champ from this year who is most likely not to repeat in my humble opinion. Between Bo Nickal beating him 3x this year, Zahid Valencia coming online, I can see a scenario where he is a one-timer.

I've said that about Joe Dubuque. And Jake Rosholt. And J Jaggers. And many more. Some guys are just at their best at tournament time and we'll find out of Martin is one of them.

I've said that about Joe Dubuque. And Jake Rosholt. And J Jaggers. And many more. Some guys are just at their best at tournament time and we'll find out of Martin is one of them.

Fletcher, I hear you. It's possible that year after year Martin shines at the NCAAs but it didn't look to me like Martin simply shined. It looked like he was in a weak weight and a lot of the right things happened that are unlikely to happen again. Also, to be fair, when I said most likely to not repeat I was also making a relative statement. Most likely doesn't have to mean unlikely, it just means that I think everyone else with eligibility is more likely to repeat than him. Which I think is an easy argument (though I admit that I was also saying that Myles has a tough road in 2017).

The champs from 141, 149, 157, 174, 185, 197 and Hwt are all returning. It's a strong group, the weakest two in my view being Heil and MyMar.

141: Heil, sophomore. His toughest competition next year will be McKenna and Meredith. McKenna is improving but even so, Heil has beaten him 2x. Meredith was a sophomore and will be back as well, but Heil has the edge.

149: Zain: crushed everyone

157: IMart: only has Nolf to worry about

174: MyMar

185: Dean: dominant, but slips up mid-year

197: Cox: who is going to beat him? He only lost to people who are gone and not in his weight anymore (Snyder)

Hwt: Snyder: I don't see anyone besting him, unless he doesn't compete (which I don't see) which isn't what I am talking about anyhow.

I think the only wrestler who is even close to MyMar in this context is Heil. The difference is that Heil beat his toughest competition every time. MyMar's toughest competition has beaten him more than he beat them. He lost to Nickal 3x last year. He has lost to Zahid three or four times (freestyle, but none of it looked heavily dependent on freestyle). 

Fletcher, I hear you. It's possible that year after year Martin shines at the NCAAs but it didn't look to me like Martin simply shined. It looked like he was in a weak weight and a lot of the right things happened that are unlikely to happen again. Also, to be fair, when I said most likely to not repeat I was also making a relative statement. Most likely doesn't have to mean unlikely, it just means that I think everyone else with eligibility is more likely to repeat than him. Which I think is an easy argument (though I admit that I was also saying that Myles has a tough road in 2017).

The champs from 141, 149, 157, 174, 185, 197 and Hwt are all returning. It's a strong group, the weakest two in my view being Heil and MyMar.

141: Heil, sophomore. His toughest competition next year will be McKenna and Meredith. McKenna is improving but even so, Heil has beaten him 2x. Meredith was a sophomore and will be back as well, but Heil has the edge.

149: Zain: crushed everyone

157: IMart: only has Nolf to worry about

174: MyMar

185: Dean: dominant, but slips up mid-year

197: Cox: who is going to beat him? He only lost to people who are gone and not in his weight anymore (Snyder)

Hwt: Snyder: I don't see anyone besting him, unless he doesn't compete (which I don't see) which isn't what I am talking about anyhow.

I think the only wrestler who is even close to MyMar in this context is Heil. The difference is that Heil beat his toughest competition every time. MyMar's toughest competition has beaten him more than he beat them. He lost to Nickal 3x last year. He has lost to Zahid three or four times (freestyle, but none of it looked heavily dependent on freestyle). 

Martin lost to Zahid in folkstyle as well.

Not against Gabe Dean you won't.

Even better.

Twice.

1-Finals of Ironman, where Zahid won his 4th Ironman title

and

2-Who's #1-where Zahid jumped from 132 to 182 and people were complaining(LMAO) that Zahid was ranked #1 in the country

Anthony also beat Myles in the finals of the 2013 Ironman.

First of all congrats to Myles on his NCAA championship but lets not act like he wasn't gifted the finals by Weatherperson destroying the bottom half of the bracket and the fact the Bo was controlling the match and Myles won of Bo's throw. 174 was not an impressive weight this year and it was a Freestyle match while I still believe Zahid wins the folkstyle match. Then again maybe I'm salty because a buckeye won a national title who knows.

"Congrats on your accomplishment, now allow me to tell you why your accomplishment means nothing."

Guest Kingsland

I'm just waiting to see how the Valencia brothers react to their first collegiate losses.

I've never seen Zahid act out after a loss, but I've hardly ever seen him lose.