Sign in to follow this  
maligned

Turkey Olympic Qualifier: Day 1 (Greco) draw and discussion

WOW!!!  Thielke looks unbelievable in crushing the 2-time world medalist from Greco-Roman giants Hungary!  Wow...if this Thielke had shown up in Mongolia, he might not have needed to be in Turkey.  

3 more giant performances needed with his awful draw...but a great, great start.

I probably could have looked at the singlets too.  But the feed had the colors wrong, or I'm dyslexic. 

Yeah, I'm just messing with you...I didn't notice about the messed up colors because I've seen him wrestle a few times.  I was too busy getting fired up about the sweet ducks to notice the scoreboard.

Ray up in 3 matches on Mat C...approximately right at the top of the hour (5am eastern time)

Edited by maligned

Somebody said it was a different Indian wrestler from the one they sent to Mongolia.  Was that true? 

yes, that's true...but both of them are nobodies in terms of needing to qualify for the Olympics.  Thielke two weeks ago was a shell of the guy we just saw.

Edited by maligned

Rau techs the undersized spaniard with about 20 seconds left...wish he could have gotten his offense going a little earlier to conserve energy for the coming beasts.  

Perkins 2 matches away on Mat B in the round of 16

Perkins survives a tougher than expected test from the Greek, 9-4.  Meanwhile, the Norwegian and the Turk in his half of the bracket get upset.  He's probably a slight favorite from the 4 guys left.  He doesn't seem to have quite the pep of his Mongolia run, but he seems to dig deep when needed.

Thielke comes out like a ball of fire to go up 6-0...falls behind on criteria at 6-6...and pulls away with a big throw and takedowns late to win.  

Rau up in about 20 minutes also on Mat A

Perkins should be at about 7:30am eastern on Mat C