Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

USA... Please hire Smith and Sanderson

Pretty sure they're in the process of a hiring a new coach anyway. They said Coach Burnett was hired to coach through the 2016 Olympics.

Sounds like the early line favorite is Bill Zadick. How ironic, Coach Bill is the last USA guy to win Gold at 65/66. The 10 year drought continues.

Edited by 2td3nf

Barnett and Slay are nice guys but shouldn't be leading Team USA...JMO..Not qualifying a weight is bad...Pay these guys and stop the nonsense.

You do know that Burnett isn't going to be there after this Olympic cycle and Slay is going to the Pennsylvania RTC after the Olympics, right?

Well, I like the success our Jr.'s and Cadets have experienced the last couple of years under Slay, so I am kind of up in the air about Slay moving on to the Pennslyvania RTC. But hopefully the brain trust behind USA wrestling knows what they're doing. As far as a new head coach goes, I would like to say I am a fan of Coach Burnett, and would like to thank him for heading up our program these last couple of years since he took over for Zeke Jones, but now once again the search is on. I think all of us would love to see a Cael or John Smith, get named Head Coach, but I really doubt that we will be able to pry any of them away from their current positions. I'm thinking we may need to hands the reins to Zadick, or perhaps there is someone out there that is USA Wrestling has already identified and will name that person at the appropriate time. But who that might be, I haven't a clue.

Yup because everyone equates Burnett's international success with his tenure at Navy rather than his run with our past Olympic Teams that produced big results.

I'll chalk this complaint up to lack of understanding the roles of these coaches and how they worked with the National Team.

It's Bruce and Slay's fault that 65 got jobbed in South America, and it is also their fault that Molinaro lost today.  My flat tire 3 days ago is their fault, and today's rain is to be on them.

Stop it with the "jobbed" man.   The excuses from the USA makes me wonder if you are all women, posing as men.   Usa got exactly what they earned.   No better, no less.   You didn't actually think Metcalf or Molinaro were good enough tot qualify the weight class, did you   ?   Those guys did the absolute best they could, and they just din't get it done.   If Steiber or Pico failed, I could see the outrage.   We sent who we sent, and they fell short.   Lets stop with the excuses, the whining, and the complaining.   The rest of the world is laughing at you guys.   I'm on an international board, and they think you guys are losers, with your excuses.   Lets tone that down a bit, shall we?

Stop it with the "jobbed" man.   The excuses from the USA makes me wonder if you are all women, posing as men.   Usa got exactly what they earned.   No better, no less.   You didn't actually think Metcalf or Molinaro were good enough tot qualify the weight class, did you   ?   Those guys did the absolute best they could, and they just din't get it done.   If Steiber or Pico failed, I could see the outrage.   We sent who we sent, and they fell short.   Lets stop with the excuses, the whining, and the complaining.   The rest of the world is laughing at you guys.   I'm on an international board, and they think you guys are losers, with your excuses.   Lets tone that down a bit, shall we?

Well we are on this board and we all think you are a loser.

Yup because everyone equates Burnett's international success with his tenure at Navy rather than his run with our past Olympic Teams that produced big results.

I'll chalk this complaint up to lack of understanding the roles of these coaches and how they worked with the National Team.

Not to mention how different coaching at a service academy (at a time of war no less) is than coaching at any other college.

Well we are on this board and we all think you are a loser.

Well of course you do.   

You'll relate well with your own, and dislike those who view things differently than you do.   Progress will stagnate, and  the international board will continue making fun of you guys, and thinking your excuses are what will keep USA wrestling as a 2nd tier program.   By all means, do not change a thing on my behalf.