Sign in to follow this  
Show_Me

Since 133 has been thoroughly discussed, thought we might try another weight.

How does everyone see 165 shaping up in 2017 with the departures of AA's Dieringer, Rodrigues, A. Wilson, & Perrotti ?

Note, for the purpose of this thread, I am assuming :

1) Bo Jordan is moving up to 174 as I believe it is more likely than not.

2) Chandler Rogers will be dropping to 165 to replace Dieringer.

Returning AA's :

I. Jordan (Wisconsin), 2nd

Lewis (Missouri), 4th

McFadden (Virginia Tech), 6th

R12 :

J. Wilson (Stanford)

Rogers (Okie St) @ 174

R16 :

Glass (Oklahoma)

Morelli (PSU)

R24 :

White (Columbia)

Faust (Duke)

Rohskopf (NC State)

Przybysz (App. State)

Preisch (Lehigh)

Qualifiers :

Trott (Gardner Webb)

Juarez (E. Michigan)

Reese (Ohio)

Moore (N. Iowa)

Wiercioch (Pitt)

Non-Qualifiers :

Hammond - Drexel (behind Morelli)

Marstellar (Lock Haven)

Williams - Nebraska (behind A. Wilson)

Redshirts :

Joseph (PSU)

Massa (Michigan)

A. Valencia (Arizona St.)

I don't have a good feel yet for which 157 pounders may bump up, so I will not include them for the purpose of this discussion.

Edit: Martinez announces per his Twitter on 5-17 that he will be moving up to 165.

Also, assuming that Freshman Hall (PSU) & Marinelli (Iowa) are Redshirting.

Edited by Show_Me

I will start with my guess :

1. I. Jordan - Wisconsin

2. Lewis - Missouri

3. Massa - Michigan

4. Joseph - Penn St.

5. McFadden - Virginia Tech

6. Rogers - Okie St.

7. J. Wilson - Stanford (previous AA)

8. A. Valencia - Arizona St.

R12

Glass - Oklahoma

Rohskopf - NC St.

Marstellar - Lock Haven

Preisch - Lehigh

Edited by Show_Me

McFadden wants to cut to 157 but the blees transfer may change that. Plus, he had acl surgery right after the ncaa tournament so that may change next season completely since he probably would not get a full release to go live around nov or dec.

I think there are a few PSU fans who are hoping if they repeat it enough, he will take heed and do it.  It just seems as though he would be small at 165.

Creek Chub, is McFadden going to be able to go?  How long will they go before they decide to use his redshirt?

I will start with my guess :

1. I. Jordan - Wisconsin

2. Lewis - Missouri

3. Massa - Michigan

4. Joseph - Penn St.

5. McFadden - Virginia Tech

6. Rogers - Okie St.

7. J. Wilson - Stanford (previous AA)

8. A. Valencia - Arizona St.

1.  Jordan, IL

2.  Massa  -think he is better on his feet than Lewis

3.  Lewis

4.  Rohskoph, NC State

5.  Valencia  If he keeps his head on straight

6.  Joseph

7.  Rogers

8.  McFadden  

Dont think Rohskoph gets the respect because of a bad tournament from the 5 seed last year

I think there are a few PSU fans who are hoping if they repeat it enough, he will take heed and do it. It just seems as though he would be small at 165.

Creek Chub, is McFadden going to be able to go? How long will they go before they decide to use his redshirt?

Dresser hasn't really said too much about McFadden other than he tore his knee up at nationals and had surgery directly after.

I imagine the decision to shirt him or not wont be made until later this year or early 2017. If hughes or someone else can go at 165 and contribute a shirt makes sense but doubt McFadden wants to miss a year though.

I think there are a few PSU fans who are hoping if they repeat it enough, he will take heed and do it. It just seems as though he would be small at 165.

Creek Chub, is McFadden going to be able to go? How long will they go before they decide to use his redshirt?

Not really.

Opens up the path for Cenzo perfectly.  Either way, we win.

Not really.

Opens up the path for Cenzo perfectly.  Either way, we win.

sorry, a bit confused as to the substance of your reply.

You don't think that Martinez is small for 65?  Or, you don't think of few of you (especially you) are repeating it hoping it will happen?

Martinez staying at 57 certainly makes an easier path for someone at 65 to sneak into 3rd/4th place match instead of 5th/6th. , I also don't believe that would be Joseph  either.  So the only way PSU gains is for him to go up, leaving the door open for Nolf-who may not need it left open.  Not much different between 6th and 7th place points.

1. Jordan, IL

2. Massa -think he is better on his feet than Lewis

3. Lewis

4. Rohskoph, NC State

5. Valencia If he keeps his head on straight

6. Joseph

7. Rogers

8. McFadden

Dont think Rohskoph gets the respect because of a bad tournament from the 5 seed last year

I had Rohskopf on my Fantasy team at NCAA's. As such, I watched every minute of every match of his.

Yes, he was a #5 Seed but showed NO offense. I was shocked. Never saw him take a shot.

He is tough with a lead, but not so great if losing a match.

IMO, he needs to find some offense if he wants to AA.

You would think I would learn, I had him at 6th last year, and here I am picking improvement.  But, I think that he is good enough to do it.  He has some (some) offense, normally pretty good defensively, enough to score and get that lead most of the time.  As always, i could likely be wrong.  But it doesn't really count until we start picking the brackets in March :)

sorry, a bit confused as to the substance of your reply.

You don't think that Martinez is small for 65?  Or, you don't think of few of you (especially you) are repeating it hoping it will happen?

Martinez staying at 57 certainly makes an easier path for someone at 65 to sneak into 3rd/4th place match instead of 5th/6th. , I also don't believe that would be Joseph  either.  So the only way PSU gains is for him to go up, leaving the door open for Nolf-who may not need it left open.  Not much different between 6th and 7th place points.

I think, as everyone else thinks, and KNOWS, that IMar was completely gassed at B1G's on Saturday, and had nothing after the second period in two of his matches.  He also gassed against Jason in the first match and was done by mid 2nd...Both his second and third matches against Nolf happened after he had time to recover and eat.  Anytime he had to make weight the pull nearly did him in, against vastly inferior wrestlers.  Illinois fans knew it, Iowa fans knew it, everyone knew it.  If you were there, you saw Imar gas, badly.  He had a lot of trouble all year long with the pull.  It was fairly common knowledge that this would be it for him at 157.  He did not compete after Nationals, either.  Ringer is gone and the door is open, and his ship at 57 has sailed.  

Believe what you want to believe about Cenzo.  We happen to know differently here:  We knew it with Nolf, we knew it with Zain, and we knew it with Bo, and opposing fans didn't want to believe that, either.  You know, like MSU158, who had Zain finishing 4th, lmao.  Cenzo just took MARK HALL down two times.  If you can name one single wrestler in the nation, IN COLLEGE, not named Martinez, who can do that, then let's hear it now.  

I'm a Joseph believer. He was my pick in the "best freshman season next year" thread.

I do think Joseph will be a major player. Picked him 4th based on his UWW Jr Performance combined with him being in the PSU room with Nolf, Nickal, etc.

He could finish higher or lower based on his progression.

PSU could be scary good if Suriano, Cortez, Joseph, Rasheed, & Nevills advance to that "next level".

I'll do 2 first one is what I would like to see and the second is what will probably happen

1. Massa

2. Joseph

3. Marsteller

4. Valencia 

5.Jordan 

6. Lewis

7. Rohskopf 

8. Rodgers

What I really think will happen

1 Jordan

2 Massa

3 Joseph

4 Lewis

5 Marsteller

6 Valencia

7 Rodgers

8 Rohskopf 

Am I alone in getting a visual of 21 guns pointed at someone's head, everytime I read one of these stupid weight bumping opinions stated as fact? How bout 21 triggers, and pull them... Do us all a favor. It's hard to become/feel miserable towards (every encounter) with someone on the Internet. But I have. I'm impressed and ready to kick some puppies at the same time. Guns you have mad trolling skillz...

I think, as everyone else thinks, and KNOWS, that IMar was completely gassed at B1G's on Saturday, and had nothing after the second period in two of his matches.  He also gassed against Jason in the first match and was done by mid 2nd...Both his second and third matches against Nolf happened after he had time to recover and eat.  Anytime he had to make weight the pull nearly did him in, against vastly inferior wrestlers.  Illinois fans knew it, Iowa fans knew it, everyone knew it.  If you were there, you saw Imar gas, badly.  He had a lot of trouble all year long with the pull.  It was fairly common knowledge that this would be it for him at 157.  He did not compete after Nationals, either.  Ringer is gone and the door is open, and his ship at 57 has sailed.  

Believe what you want to believe about Cenzo.  We happen to know differently here:  We knew it with Nolf, we knew it with Zain, and we knew it with Bo, and opposing fans didn't want to believe that, either.  You know, like MSU158, who had Zain finishing 4th, lmao.  Cenzo just took MARK HALL down two times.  If you can name one single wrestler in the nation, IN COLLEGE, not named Martinez, who can do that, then let's hear it now.  

I didn't know it.