Headbanger

Boise State Coach.....any word?

Glad someone said it. Owens was why they succeed. He recruited all of the AA's and Champs. He is a local Idaho kid who went to Okie St. And came back and have so much the program he loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but you're not giving Kirk White the credit he deserves in the BSU equation. He was integral in the recruiting and development of their best teams.  Losing him last year was a foreshadowing of what was to come and a gigantic loss.  He was and is a great coach and extremely good technically and  was a hammer in the room that got the broncos tough. 

Edited by WRfan1

Mendoza will do fine. He knows wrestling, recruiting, fundraising, and he's a great person. Any of the alum that give him a chance will figure this out. It's a matter of if they give him a shot. Uphillbronco seems to be willing to.

dabrockster, I'm not sure how you can rip Mendoza but claim Cherrington did a great job at UNC. 3 qualifiers in 5 years and a terrible dual record is considered pretty good?

As for Owens, it's just unfortunate. He's a great guy and coach. I never understood why they hired Randall instead of him to begin with. Any idea if Tayor stays???

WRfan1, White is a good wrestler, and a product of Owens. But you can't compare him to Owens. You speak as high of White as he does.

Sorry to arrive tho the party so late. I tried to register last week but had technical difficulties.

Edited by worm

Boise won the first three in the series after Mendoza took over a CSUB. Then CSUB won two of the last three -- with far less resources and financials at his disposal. 

I think it's short-sighted to cast the entire state of California as a different demographic than Boise. It's a big state with all kinds -- in fact, 35 of the 80 rostered football players at Boise are from California. 

Too much negativity here. I sense you want him to fail to validate your claims. Mike is a good guy who hustles. The fact CSUB won "one" Pac-12 regular season title shows it. This is in a conference with Stanford, Arizona State and Oregon State -- all with major national appeal. 

If they can give Mike just "that much" more than he had at CSUB, there will be an improvement. Any coach worth his salt reaches out to alumni. He had a great asset in Neal at CSUB. It's up to the alumni to put their money where their mouth is.

Jason, you did a nice job on the interview with coach Mendoza. I hope you find a way to come to Boise and interview him next year to see how things are going and to help get BSU out in the light again. I also appreciate all your positive comments here on this forum. After meeting coach Mendoza I'm excited for the future.

And btw, it was nice to meet you the other night.

Go Broncos!

Listened to the podcast. Jason, I appreciate you asking the questions I wanted to hear. I found his response to recruiting Pacific Northwest on point to my thoughts. He has not had to recruit there and does not have the experience and will lean on Alumni on this. I will be interested who else he brings in as coaches.

I am not fully sold but listening to him and his responses has changed my feelings. I like his personal stories of coming to Boise and how he could see living here.

Cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk