Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Will 63 year drought end? Rutgers vs Lehigh

Rutgers has not beat Lehigh since the 1950 season...This looks like Rutgers has a great shot between the 2 evenly matched teams....Match will be Live on Rvision(free) Friday night.

Probable line-ups

125 Alex Abreu Lehigh-Jr. (3-9) vs Joey Langel, Rutgers-Sr. (14-5)

133 Randy Cruz Lehigh-Fr. (22-8) vs Vin Dellefave, Rutgers-Jr. (14-5)

141 Anthony Salupo Lehigh-So.(6-4) vs Trevor Melde, Rutgers-Sr. (13-5)

149 Shane Welsh, Lehigh-Sr.(9-6) vs Mario Mason, Rutgers-Sr. (7-4) or Ken Theobold-Fr. (16-9)

157 Joey Napoli, Lehigh-Jr. (12-2) vs Scott Winston, Rutgers-Sr. (19-4)

165 Ben Hass Lehigh-Fr. (2-4) vs Nick Visicaro, Rutgers-So.(8-4)

174 Nate Brown Lehigh-So. (10-4) vs Greg Zannetti, Rutgers-Sr. (17-4)

184 Robert Hamlin Lehigh-Sr. (12-2) vs Dan Rinaldi, Rutgers-Sr. (19-2)

197 John Bolich, Lehigh-Fr. (5-7) vs Dan Seidenberg, Rutgers-Jr. (7-7)

285 Jack Delia, Lehigh-Fr. (2-9) vs Billy Smith, Rutgers-Fr. (19-5)

we will see. I am an RU fan. After watching this team for years, especially lately, it seems as if goodale has instituted a rule to fine his wrestlers $100 for every shot they take. ZERO offense. He is NOT the answer, let alone the guy for the grind they just signed up for. I hope they win, but, I never feel it

With six(6) 5th year seniors in Rutgers starting lineup (and all talented recruits) vs 5 freshman in Lehigh's this would be the year for Rutgers to win it. Brill is out with and injury after just 1 appearance at Midlands. For now it seems that true freshman Haas will man the position after 10 weeks out with the same injury Hatchett had last year. The coaches love him and he has talent but it's still raw and the layoff has him scrambling to get back into wrestling shape.The move up in levels that usually accompanies a talented wrestler's first year has not had time to occur.

With six(6) 5th year seniors in Rutgers starting lineup (and all talented recruits) vs 5 freshman in Lehigh's this would be the year for Rutgers to win it. Brill is out with and injury after just 1 appearance at Midlands. For now it seems that true freshman Haas will man the position after 10 weeks out with the same injury Hatchett had last year. The coaches love him and he has talent but it's still raw and the layoff has him scrambling to get back into wrestling shape.The move up in levels that usually accompanies a talented wrestler's first year has not had time to occur.
Let's Put it this Way, If they don't Win Tonight RU may Never Beat Lehigh ;)

Let's not get carried away. I think Molinero will attract kids to the program and there are always fresh faces weighing their college options yearly. Rutgers will be in the mix for kids in NJ, PA, and NY now that they are B12
Big 10

Is Lehigh's hwt serious?

I dunno, but I think Rutgers' is...

Great dual, and gritty non-win by Siedenberg at 197 - looked like his shoulder was out pretty bad, but he continued and kept the match to a regular decision, giving Smith the chance to win it at 285.