Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Murphy & post-match extracurriculars

Saw a few matches at Big Tens and nationals that had some post-whistle jawing and shoving. Maybe it just seemed this way, but I swear every time it was a match with Murphy from Michigan. 

Are all his matches like this? Is he the instigator or does he just have a scrappy style that pisses off his opponents?

I am proud of my Irish heritage. If we can't punch it, or drink it, we will simply go on our (tipsey) ways.

Oh darn…..the topic. Yeah, I have only seen him on the mats a few times. In my mind Murph is a scrapper.

Fletch, don't you think that most wrestlers have at least some scrappiness ? Most wrestlers that I know are 

scrappers. I'm scrappy. 

Edited by denny

Murphy has always been a scrapper, and has been doing this since he was in high school.  He has always had I will not take crap from anyone kind of attitude, and I think it is what makes him so tough that he won't back down from anyone.  Could it back fire one day and have refs perceive it in the wrong way and ding him for a point, maybe.  Overall, I've watched Murphy since he was kid and he as tough as most come.  

Edited by NickyTheEar

Didn't he give Ian Miller a double handed face mush at the end of their match at NCAAs? Pretty sure that was him, happened right in front of us; completely uncalled for. I must admit if that was an Iowa wrestler, there would of been a 10 page thread on that one. I meant to post about it but was too caught up in the New York festivities to remember. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger