Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Rotundo

Pico out 6-9 Mos.

Really sorry to hear that about Pico.

As far as the World Cup ... based on the recent Twitter chatter between Christian Pyles and various Buckeyes, maybe we can convene a panel of former Ohio State wrestlers, invite them to cherry pick some recent results, and then select the most deserving athlete. I'm guessing they'll go with Logan Stieber or Reece Humphrey. Unless Lance Palmer is free that weekend.

anyone else think this is exactly why Pico should go to college?..... injuries have ended MANY MANY guys athletic careers.

I think we can all agree, Pico should take advantage of his promotional contract's stipulation, where he gets his college paid for.   I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that.   

Last I heard, he's looking at USC and UCLA.   

Did you see the pic in Pico's tweet ? He is flying in a private plane, I think he will be OK without his college degree. He does not seem like the foolish type that will squander the money he earns.

Did you see the pic in Pico's tweet ? He is flying in a private plane, I think he will be OK without his college degree. He does not seem like the foolish type that will squander the money he earns.

I don't think taking a private flight at 19 is indicative of life long financial stability.  

I think it's awesome his contract offers him paid tuition.  

I like Logan Stieber. Yes I know that Zain was the higher place winner at the trials, and if the brain trust wants Zain, I'm all good with that. It may turn out that Zain is the guy who inherits this weight at some point in the future, so if they want him to get some Senior International experience now, all the better. However, I believe that Logan is more of a likely more candidate, due to lack of school commitments, along with his proven work overseas this past winter. The other guy we have to consider is Jimmy Kennedy. He has a couple of wins over Logan recently, and a quality win over the World Bronze medalist from Mongolia. Jimmy also has had World Cup and World team experience, and who knows maybe we see him at the World Cup for a match or two, But I think Logan has a more prolific offense. So who knows what they will decide. As far as James Green, goes, I think we all know by now that he's just not the same guy he was at 70. And with the World Cup coming up around the corner, I'm sure James has been preparing to be back at 70, for some time now. I'm sure the coaching staff has been scrambling around trying to come up with a solution ever since the news broke, so it may just come down to who's available.

JO at 70, depends on what was ailing him at the trials, and if he's been able to recover from that, and is he in shape? I'm assuming he gives it a go for trials in a bid for the World's, but I don't think we'll see him at the World Cup, But who knows maybe.