BigTimeFan

Jr WTT Trials Sunday Finals Thread

McKee vs Gross (are these guys aiming for a particular college?) - 60kg

McKee with a low single/ankle to Gross left side.  Stopped, neutral.  Gross warned for passivity.  Mckee shot but nothing.  McKee warned for passivity.  Gross in on inside single.   McKee with chest lock and pulls, gets turn.  Does again Gross seems to be pushing into mckee.  No points.   McKee shot but gross quickly tips him over.  4-2 Gross.  Nearly gets another turn as they scramble.  McKee can't get control but was close.  To feet as OOB.    Called neutral.   McKee is taking shots and Gross is simply tipping him over for cheap tilts.  6-2 Gross.  

2nd period. ..

McKee needs another TD type.  He goes in and under and Gross just tips him too easy.  Now McKee goes for double but whizzer now.  McKee squares up and tires to torque with control of head but no.  McKee again in.  GRoss working for tilts.  Nope,  McKee more careful.  Now McKee is able to push and get 2.  6-4 Gross.  Stay in a bit of a knot but now stopped.

McKee taking the shots.  Stopped as McKee goes in with ref saying watch finger locks.  McKee tries ankle but misses.  1 min to go.  Low double and gross lifts and 2.  8-4.  And another tip.  10-4 ... showing 10-5 with reversal.   Announcers saying 8-5 but scores whos 10-5.  McKee is in again but nope.  

Gross wins.

Hall vs Nolf!!!!  

Nolf with nasty snap.  Hall calm.  Hall working double unders.  front headlock.  Nolf backs out.  Restart.  Hall goes but imsses.  Hall in on single.  Nolf whizzer.  But Hall adjusts and gets 2.  

Hall is amazing.

Calm, collected, aware, smart, and likely very very strong.  Seems to know what to do in most any situation.  1 min to go.  2-0 Hall.

From 2 on 1 by Nolf, Hall goes in.  I mised how.  Hall gets behind Nolf, Nolf in quad pod.  Mark lifts and spins, gets 4 points as OOB.

6-0 Hall.  Wow.  Next time, drop down to mat and give up 2 only.

Nolf shot, Hall front headlock, now underhook on his right side.  Nolf looking to back out.  Posting on Halls crotch, it seems.  NOlf goes in but Hall teleports behind.  8-0.  Hall went for gut but Nolf will not go.  Would have end it.  Then scramble but stopped.  Nolf in on single.  Hall over top has ankle.  scramble.   Hall in better position.  Stopped.  

This is impressive!!!  Nolf is a true stud.  Nolfin on single.  spin by hall and hall gets leg.  Whizzer by Nolf.  Hall doesn't care, adjust, adjust, left leg up, Nolf tries cut back with arm but no.  Hall simply adjusts a bit more and gets behind and down.  10-0.

this guy is awesome.  Announcer says prodigy.   Yes, perfect word.  I think real chance at 4x undefeated.  Real chance.

Valencia in on single/double and finishes quick!!!  Then gut on edge!!!  4-0.   WOW!!!   V in on single but Bo is able to defend.  Neutral.  That was just an incredibly fast sweep single around the corner by V.  6-0.  Amazing speed and level change.  

Neutral.  V again on single attach but Bo hops away.  Nickal goes in and gets a leg, leg up, V goes out.  6-1.  Valencia looking good.  

Where did Bo's hair go?  Crewcut!!  

V in on head inside single but doesn't get to corner ...Bo defends.  Threatens crotch lift but Valencia flattens out.  Nothing ... time runs out.

6-1 going to 2nd.  Nickal goes goes in but Valencia simply shoves him back and it works, Nickal falls on butt but resists going over to back.  Valencia jumps on for 2 though.  8-1.  

Neutral.  NIckal shot, but only gets step out.  8-2.  Announcers saying he is looking for big move, body lock or other move.  Not working.  Nickal now has leg but in stalemate position.  Bo just holding for dear life.  Yup.

Neutral.  NIckal keeps going in ... as they back apart another shove by Valencia but this time Bo goes far away maintaining position so no opportunity to pounce.  Nickal in on shot again but can't finish.

Zahid Valencia wins 8-2.  IMPRESSIVE!

Some updates and thoughts:

Fix dominates Gomez. Gomez was looking good all tournament. Fix is at another level.

Seth Gross reverses his loss to McKhee with great counter wrestling and wins 8-5.

Hall vs Nolf: what can I say. I didn't think it was possible as good as Hall is, I just thought Nolf was at least going to be competitive, having romped everyone but IMart in NCAAs. But it wasn't to be. He effectively dominated Nolf. Gas tank was no issue. Nolf couldn't finish his shots and couldn't stop Hall. I have a feeling the second match will be different. I think Nolf figures out how to adjust. 

Nickal - Valencia: Valencia was the clear winner. He won 8-2 and was not in danger of losing. I don't think this changes for match two.

Dayton Fix vs Gomez - round 2.

Throw by from Fix (over collar shrug mentioned).  Gets 2.  2-0.  Gomez working underhooks but Dayton with great snap spin behind.  4-0.   Neutral.  Gomez right side under hook again but Fix moves it out.  Then goes in for single and gets it quick.  6-0.  Gomez out then to a knee pick and Gomez wisely bails. 8-0.  Lots of moves.  Snap then simply gets angle and a leg and drives gomez down for 2.

10-0.  Looked easy for him.  

Video restarted but all sorts of weird stuff.  Pause and then hyper speed.  Ugh.  I see Gross in on single but McKee is trying a body lock.  Nope.  Crap, video is tough.  Gross gets the 2, I think.

Going to restart the video.

- may be a mistake.  Can't get back in ....  someone else have updates?

Edited by nom

Judging by his Twitter, he may forfeit out of the sport as well.

Would be a huge bummer, he's a true talent. Just can't keep it together mentally. He just tweeted this an hour ago "I feel God is telling me to do something else. Something new. Cuz I keep failing at what I'm doing now and most likely will never achieve"

Video is down on my end. Frustrating. 

Edited by CoachWrestling