BigTimeFan

Jr WTT Trials Sunday Finals Thread

McKee up 6-4.  1: 40 to go.

Wow, they are in a knot.  But McKee either got 2 for back exposure or 2 for control.  Not sure.  Weird tangle.  8-4.  Now Mckee gets behind and gets 2.  47 sec to go.  10-4.  Gross seems a bit tired.  But he goes in.  Low single.   Gets the 2.  10 sec to go.  Neutral.  Nope.  

10-6.  McKee wins.

Hall / Nolf 2

Nolf aggressive.  Nolf gets unders but Nolf works inside trip to back for 4!!  4-0.  Hall goes.  Whizzer.  Hard one.  Works this time.  Nolf seems to be really putting effort in.  Goes in on single.  Hall defense is very interesting and good.  Stalemate.

Hall calm.  "blue action" being called.  Tries shrug and throws back.  Gets 2, then lace.  Another 2.  Nolf resists another turn though.  Very impressive.  

I NEED A REVIEW, HOW WAS THAT TD NOT 4 POINTS FOR HALL.  NOLF WENT BACKWARDS AND EXPOSED.  SOME EXPERT PLEASE REVIEW THIS MOVE.  I SAY THAT WAS 4.  But announcers say nothing.  Ref didn't give for.  I'm wrong I guess but would love someone to see this.

4-4 end of period.

Nolf in low, Halls right leg.  Hall goes over, trying for ankles but Nolf trying to keep away.  Hall gets one though.    Nolf adjust sand does get the 2.  6-4.  Ok, a tight one here!!

2 min to go.  Neutral.  Hall in on single, low, Nolf dives over and gets ankle.  But Hall gets the 2 and a trap arm.  Wow that he got that.  Gut, Gut.  10-6.  Nolf breaks hold.  Hall converting that single to a trap arm gut, nice. 

Nolf goes in, Hall with his single defense.  works.  They go out but no point to Nolf.  Perhaps since Hall went from knee to foot?  point was white padled.  

Nolf gets in again.  And does get the TD but not enough ... oh, said no, time runs out.  Hall wins 10-6.

Valencia vs Nickal 2

Nickal with snaps.  Zahid reaches but Bo hops to side.  Underhook right side Bo.  Bo called for passive.  ZV goes in to Bo's right, bo adjusts and tries a big throw but Zahid does not go!!!  Risk of Bo ending up on back but does not.  Zahid gets 2!!  ZV seemed to be ready for the Bo throw.  ZV goes in, Bo counter, ZV kicks away.  Nothing.

1 min to go in first.  Bo in on low single.  But Bo can't convert before ZV goes out.  1 point OOB.  2-1.  Annoucers say ZV should have been cautioned too for going OOB.  ZV goes in but misses.  Deeps shots but Bo moves quickly.

2-1 going into second.

ZV firing, cutting corner but Bo squares up and ZV backs out.  Angle, single around corner but Bo defending.  Threatening lift so ZV careful.  Whistle.

1"30 to go.  Bo not doing much.  Now shot.  Waiting too long.  

Bo waited until the final 30 seconds to get active in the 2nd period.  Didn't work.

ZV wins 2-1.

Zahid Valencia beats Bo Nickal 2-1 in the second match. Between today and the Jr Nationals he beat the NCAA champ and NCAA runner up three times in total. 

Now he will have a much bigger problem to worry about, Goleij in France, whom he didn't handle well the first time.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

Piccininni wins 11-7.  Had a great writeup but was on wrong thread!

How do you pronounce Assad?

Ah-sod, like the embattled leader of syria (Al-Assad) or "Ass-id" like the announcers are saying?

Lots of great action with Gross, Mckee.    No points but great action.  Big scramble.  Gross with leg up real high, tries trip but McKee ends up behind!!!  But Gross has McKee's leg in front of him and in control of leg.  Ref gives 2 but white paddled.  Refs talking.  1 blue (Gross) for OOB.  Interesting.

1-0. Gross.  McKee in on double.  Gross threatens. lift.  Gets 2, then rolls Gross to back (Gross tried lift?) ... 2 given to McKee, then 2 more guts!!  8-1 then reversal  8-2 McKee.

Gross works 2 on 1 but gets loose.  McKee front headlock, cranks him over from headlock position, then reversal.  10-3.  

I missed the next 2 points.  10-5 ... a turn?

Gross shot, defended, then McKee knee snatch with right hand/arm.  Gross defends.  Neutral.

Gross shot, McKee hops leg over.  Gross wraps the other leg.  2!  And say he got exposure?  What?  I didn't see it!!  10-9.  

McKee shot And Gross with a great tilt over!!  But McKee gets control!    Given 2?  I thought after expsosure, control then gets 1 as reversal?  Nope.  12-11 McKee.  

GROSS GOES IN IN LAST 10 SECONDS AND GETS THE 2!!!  CLEARLY DID HAVE IT!  Then a challenge but it will be confirmed.

Also got back exposure as McKee scrambled.  15-12.

Annoucer saying it looks like Masa pinned Joseph. (uncertainty, see below)

Edited by nom

Zahid Valencia beats Bo Nickal 2-1 in the second match. Between today and the Jr Nationals he beat the NCAA champ and NCAA runner up three times in total. 

Not sure about what weight Valencia ends up at, and this is freestyle, but there has to be quite a bit of positives taken from his performances against these guys.    He hasn't been taken down in any of those bouts.   These guys can't hardly even tough his legs.   At 174, I can't see who beats him.   At 184, he should be right in the mix. 

Some doubt on the Massa / Joseph result.  Unclear.    TRack showing Massa up 8-4.  11 seconds to go.  

Seeing video now, someone is injured on the mat.  Blue.  and blue is .... Massa.

down for a long time.  Lot's of people around him.  Uh oh.

Ok, after a long while, he is sitting up, now standing.    Walking off.  Hope nothing too serious.  

Sitting on seat near side of mat, lot's of folks hovering around him still.  Makes me think concussion but pure speculation.  When it got up no sign of physical (arm/leg/back/shoulder) type of injury.

Edited by nom