TBar1977

There is a lot going on with this story

Again, you can't accuse someone of lying if they HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING!!

Is there an insinuation that the truth the university "knows" will absolve JRob of any wrongdoing? Sure! The guy is JRob's lawyer, what did you expect?

But there was absolutely NO statement in which the guy accused the university of lying, as someone suggested, since the university has not made any statements and therefore couldn't have lied.

You can easily accuse them of ulterior motives without them saying a word and in fact he was doing as such.

This is common logic here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, you can't accuse someone of lying if they HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING!! 

Is there an insinuation that the truth the university "knows" will absolve JRob of any wrongdoing? Sure! The guy is JRob's lawyer, what did you expect?

But there was absolutely NO statement in which the guy accused the university of lying, as someone suggested, since the university has not made any statements and therefore couldn't have lied.

To me, it sounds like they believe the University is WITHHOLDING the truth.  Otherwise, someone who should know how to make a public statement(his agent), would simply say, "No further comment until the University issues their full statement and stance on the subject."  

“I have no further comment until the University starts telling the truth about what it knows.”  Sometimes silence is just as harmful as lying.................

Edited by MSU158

OK, then say that, don't accuse of lying, which is perjurious, a crime, and much more serious than staying mum, which is in fact what the university is doing.

Again, JRob's lawyer never accused anyone of lying. Is he frustrated that the truth, which he believes will vindicate his client, isn't being disclosed yet? Sure! But that is a FAR CRY from lying about such a serious matter.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

You are splitting hairs.

He was posturing, provocative and had undertones of laying this at the University feet in a manner to make them look like the bad guy in the public's eye..

Just like the University is doing by putting him on paid leave..

Not sure why you are clinging for life on the word "lie"..

OK, then say that, don't accuse of lying, which is perjurious, a crime, and much more serious than staying mum, which is in fact what the university is doing.

Again, JRob's lawyer never accused anyone of lying. Is he frustrated that the truth, which he believes will vindicate his client, isn't being disclosed yet? Sure! But that is a FAR CRY from lying about such a serious matter.

I agree.  But, this is a message board, and this story will eventually involve Pee Wee Herman and Hulk Hogan.  Remember, they were both caught on video for what they did and they are nowhere near as guilty as J Rob already is to many that post here!

You are splitting hairs.

He was posturing, provocative and had undertones of laying this at the University feet in a manner to make them look like the bad guy in the public's eye..

Just like the University is doing by putting him on paid leave..

Not sure why you are clinging for life on the word "lie"..

I am not clinging to the word "lie." That is literally the word I responded to. I don't deny that you can make all the presumptions you want from his very brief statement, that is your choice. But you cannot accuse him of stating that the university is lying. That is 100% incorrect and BS.

JRob's home and computer were searched recently. Amazing how they were able to get a warrant just based on this thread and no other credible evidence. The judge must be a USA forum member!

Like I said several pages ago, JRob is done. Things are only getting worse and as time goes by, this could get really, really ugly.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

JRob's home and computer were searched recently. Amazing how they were able to get a warrant just based on this thread and no other credible evidence. 

No one said there isn't credible evidence.  The point is NO ONE that has posted on here has actually seen ANY!

That's not what he's saying, since the university has yet to issue any kind of statement related to the events. What he IS saying is that he won't comment until the university discloses the truth once it is ready, i.e. the investigation is concluded. It wasn't an opinionated or suggestive comment at all from my interpretation. He was just saying, let's let the facts come out before I comment further....

With all due respect because I normally like your commentary, but this entry is proof of what I said earlier in the thread that on the internet often times people can't agree that 2+2=4.

How you can't see that J Rob is taking a shot at his employer amazes me.

Some one is looking for dirt if they have a search warrant and are searching "personal" computer. Especially if they only have a tip from an "unnamed" individual. Can't find any pills in a personal computer.

I suppose that in a world where guys an win fantasy wrestling matches and definitively make up line-ups for college teams, it is not surprising that you can call someone a liar without them having said a word.

In the real world, you need to have said something to have lied, however.

I suppose that in a world where guys an win fantasy wrestling matches and definitively make up line-ups for college teams, it is not surprising that you can call someone a liar without them having said a word.

In the real world, you need to have said something to have lied, however.

You may be missing the fact that they could have lied behind closed doors to his face, regardless of not saying anything to the public.

However, I do agree that many are jumping to conclusions here without having anything other than "he said, she said" reports to this point..........

No one said there isn't credible evidence.  The point is NO ONE that has posted on here has actually seen ANY!

Yea, aside from The Washington Post, ESPN and StarTribune reports based on evidence they felt credible, we haven't seen ANYthing. Seriously MSU you might want to reread some of the posts in this thread because there have been several individuals that keep implying or flat out saying there is nothing to this story. A judge just reviewed the evidence and issued a search warrant. JRob didn't deny destroying evidence in his statement, why do you think that is? Seems to me that is the most damming allegation out there and I know if I was innocent, I'd be sure to adamantly deny it. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Yea, aside from The Washington Post, ESPN and StarTribune reports based on evidence they felt credible, we haven't seen ANYthing. Seriously MSU you might want to reread some of the posts in this thread because there have been several individuals that keep implying or flat out saying there is nothing to this story. A judge just reviewed the evidence and issued a search warrant. JRob didn't deny destroying evidence in his statement, why do yo think that is? Seems to me that is the most damming allegation out there and I know if I was innocent, I'd be sure to adamantly deny it. 

Yep, I always rely on the Washington Post, ESPN and StarTribune to provide me with accurate and unbiased "evidence".  In fact, I am pretty sure the authorities waited until they read the StarTribune report to submit it to the judge to help secure the warrant!

Finally, you know DAMN well that as soon as this came out several on here immediately were calling for JRob's job, and that was well before the reports you listed came out................

Let's not confuse major outlets running a story anything other than picking up AP stories that run on the wire. The Star Tribune is the one print outlet actually covering the story. I did see a blog about it in the WaPo. Only the local outlets are trying to report on this case. The parent companies are looking at it as a budget line (not a financial budget) on the day's news fodder sheets. Reposting AP stories online isn't exactly "coverage" or editors making decisions.

...this entry is proof of what I said earlier in the thread that on the internet often times people can't agree that 2+2=4.

You're right about that - the more I read about this, the more I'm convinced that the University administration was informed and at least indirectly, if not directly involved in the response to this situation.

How you can't see that amazes me!

You're right about that - the more I read about this, the more I'm convinced that the University administration was informed and at least indirectly, if not directly involved in the response to this situation.

How you can't see that amazes me!

Maybe informed of possible drug use.

Maybe or maybe not informed of drug dealing, JRob confiscating pills, pills being dumped in the river, text msgs, and essay writing. There may be a pretty important distinction in the mix here.

Edited by TBar1977

The University seems to be letting Robinson dangle in the breeze. They have not confirmed that he went to the A.D. with the issue. They have not confirmed that the athletic department has a safe harbor policy for self reporting athletes for drug and alcohol issues. There is a lot that the university could have done or could be doing to support Robinson but they haven't done any of that. This seems to be what Robinson's agent is getting at.

The University seems to be letting Robinson dangle in the breeze. They have not confirmed that he went to the A.D. with the issue. They have not confirmed that the athletic department has a safe harbor policy for self reporting athletes for drug and alcohol issues. There is a lot that the university could have done or could be doing to support Robinson but they haven't done any of that. This seems to be what Robinson's agent is getting at.

The problem with all of the agent's communications is that none of them so far address the real concerns, which are the concerns over drug dealing and how THAT was handled.

I listened to that agent on the Mike&Max radio show and what I heard was him being evasive around the issue of whether JRob knew of drug dealing and if he did know about it did he inform the officials of THAT SPECIFIC ISSUE. The guy dodged THAT issue imo. 

I would have linked the radio show I cited above, but their archive format isn't very good and you have to listen to a bunch of unrelated stuff to get to this story. But I saw this attached video linked elsewhere and the agent says the same exact things in this video clip as he said on the aforementioned radio show.

It seems to me that the agent only wants to discuss the ideas of JRob alerting school admins to possible drug use and of how JRob is the one who brought things to light. You can see in his advocacy for J Rob the agent has offered up e mails as proof that J Rob alerted people. So far, so good. 

But when asked about the idea he knew about drug dealing all the agent offers is "I think that is absurd", which is an opinion. There is no more offering up of e mails or anything else to support that claim.

So there is clearly a distinction here. The TV reporter asks the right question and gets the non answer / answer, so they should hardly be shocked that this isn't going away. 

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/j-robinson-gopher-wrestling-coach-leave/?mc_cid=7ffe7c45c4&mc_eid=1db055755e

Maybe informed of possible drug use.

Maybe or maybe not informed of drug dealing, JRob confiscating pills, pills being dumped in the river, text msgs, and essay writing. There may be a pretty important distinction in the mix here.

A lot a "Maybes" there!

So now you seem to acknowledge - it's not so much that 2+2 = x = 4, but more like 2+2+a+b+c=x; and maybe x=4, or maybe not, too many open variables, and not enough solutions sets (besides, I always sucked at matrix algebra!)

A lot a "Maybes" there!

So now you seem to acknowledge - it's not so much that 2+2 = x = 4, but more like 2+2+a+b+c=x; and maybe x=4, or maybe not, too many open variables, and not enough solutions sets (besides, I always sucked at matrix algebra!)

Sure. I agree with all that. But that's the problem. His agent is out there talking to anyone who will listen, but he isn't offering anything that refutes the claims made last week about the quantity of pills, pills being dumped in the river, and drug dealing. Even when directly asked he is evasive. When lawyers/agents are evasive about direct questions people will often think they are evasive for good reason.