TBar1977

There is a lot going on with this story

No charges being filed does not mean the university won't dump him.

By the way, it is "ado" not "a do".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it doesn't mean that PSU won't dump Cael next week either. There is a near infinite number of things it doesn't mean.

But - 'No charges being filed' does mean quite a bit in the context of this thread and other similar threads on this forum.

Ultimately, we'll all see in the end. But since most around here like to gossip in the off-season (which is understandable), this helps put an end to at least some of the most nonsensical BS that's been posted.

No charges being filed does not mean the university won't dump him.

By the way, it is "ado" not "a do".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct it is ado, but in my defense is has been more than 30 years since I read it. 

And no charges are being filed. 

Did I not say this would end up "Much-a-do-about-nothing."

You realize that the entire coaching staff and a number of wrestlers may be wiped out by this "Much-a-do-about-nothing."  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

You realize that the entire coaching staff and a number of wrestlers may be wiped out by this "Much-a-do-about-nothing."  

No, so far all that has happened is a newly hired AD put a head coach on paid administrative leave (this will end here very soon) and a few wrestlers who were never in the starting lineup have either left or will leave. 

It's not like we're talking about something politically incorrect here. There is no social injustice or accusation of racism or prejudice. If that were the case this would have been serious but the selling of a few ill gotten prescription pills just does not rise to the level of public awareness necessary to take such actions.  

Ultimately nothing much will change at Minnesota, they will have the same basic coaching staff, the lineup will consist of quality wrestlers who will participate at the NCAA Championships, they will still recruit quality wrestlers, and this will me just another blip on the radar of college sports. 

The fact that Coach Robinson is not cooperating with the Police in the investigation says a lot. Tell the full truth and let the Criminal Justice system take over.

Drug dealers are criminals and deserve harsh punishment all the way. Not soft handling because they are "your kids" and all the others are the bad guys. "Your Kids" are the bad guys if they are dealing and you are part of it if you refuse cooperation with law enforcement.

The fact that Coach Robinson is not cooperating with the Police in the investigation says a lot. Tell the full truth and let the Criminal Justice system take over.

Drug dealers are criminals and deserve harsh punishment all the way. Not soft handling because they are "your kids" and all the others are the bad guys. "Your Kids" are the bad guys if they are dealing and you are part of it if you refuse cooperation with law enforcement.

it must be computer class time at summer school

Someone is telling me there's been a development and JRob is out!   

My internet has been down all day, due to inclement weather.   Someone please advise. 

You're posting "on the internet" to post that you can't "use the internet" because of inclement weather?

You're posting "on the internet" to post that you can't "use the internet" because of inclement weather?

I think it was raining so hard that Cletus got caught in the pig barn for a while between posts.

I think it was raining so hard that Cletus got caught in the pig barn for a while between posts.

Interesting how so many make fun of those who provide the food you eat.

I live in farm country. Have two neighbors who have PhD's and left teaching positions at major Universities to go back to farming where they grew up. Putting all that knowledge of plant science, agronomy and such to good use.

Mile after mile of crops growing and now that harvest has started - we watch neighbors on Family Farms operating combines that cost over a half million apiece. Farming land that has been in their family for generations and now producing 3-5 times the crop yield their fathers could.

Neighbors with advanced degrees use them to improve the yield in crops and livestock. These guys are no dummies.

If you are going to make fun of these folks - don't do it with food in your mouth.

They and their families produce what you eat. We may be in 'flyover country' but the food you eat comes from these people. Nice to be able to drive 150 miles and see lush crops the entire way, interspersed with ponds, lakes and sloughs that hold ducks, geese, deer and moose for excellent hunting.

Produces a bunch of good kids as well, some of them actually wrestle in HS and even College.

I had someone make that post for me, rstrog .   I was not able to get on the internet.  All fixed.  Thank you for your support. 

Ah, so you are saying that your posts aren't exclusively yours - and that, in fact, you share your login with at least one other person who would appear to be 'you' from our perspective.

Interesting. Glad we got that all cleared up, and also that you are now fixed

And, no problem - thank you for your support, as well.

Interesting how so many make fun of those who provide the food you eat.

I live in farm country. Have two neighbors who have PhD's and left teaching positions at major Universities to go back to farming where they grew up. Putting all that knowledge of plant science, agronomy and such to good use.

Mile after mile of crops growing and now that harvest has started - we watch neighbors on Family Farms operating combines that cost over a half million apiece. Farming land that has been in their family for generations and now producing 3-5 times the crop yield their fathers could.

Neighbors with advanced degrees use them to improve the yield in crops and livestock. These guys are no dummies.

If you are going to make fun of these folks - don't do it with food in your mouth.

They and their families produce what you eat. We may be in 'flyover country' but the food you eat comes from these people. Nice to be able to drive 150 miles and see lush crops the entire way, interspersed with ponds, lakes and sloughs that hold ducks, geese, deer and moose for excellent hunting.

Produces a bunch of good kids as well, some of them actually wrestle in HS and even College.

WillieBoy, I grew up on a farm in flyover country(although combines were only $250K when I left, and there are very few ponds and lakes).  I know all of what you say, firsthand.  And work at one of the most established ag research institutions in the country.

Cletus frequently posts regarding the pig farm, so I was poking him a little.  And yes, I typed it while eating a pulled pork sandwich, so you could say that I was supporting him  (although I know where the pork was raised, and butchered, and it wasn't part of Cletus' empire).